How to induce flowering?

Ok, here I go. This is my first time to try and grow indoors and not sure if I’ve screwed up or not. And not real sure what I should do right now. Short story is I started some unknown seeds inside that started to die ,after a couple weeks, from either improper Ph or too much nutrients. Not really sure which one. Soil was some “Wal-mart special” Mirical Grow seed starting mix. Said screw it and started all over again, but I also didn’t wanna just give up on these plants. Just for S&G, I transplanted the 4 plants into a 5 gal pot and moved them outside. And used the soil from the pots they was in, but mixed it with some old soil that I had outside in old pots that was used for house various house plants. Plants were around a foot tall, give or take, Now the plants have came back and seem to be doing good outside. But here it is May, and they started to flower. I’m not sure if I need to just let them do there thing. Or do I need to move them somewhere dark a little early in the afternoons to keep it a short light cycle. Will they continue to flower as the days get longer or will that hurt them? What should I do? Here’s some pics of them now. Sorry but I don’t have any before pics. Hope someone can shed some insight and thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Let em grow man. Growing cannabis is like reading a book. You read it one time and you understand a little bit, but the more you read it the more you understand. In the end you never fully understand what the author ment.

5 Likes

Stick around here. Like @hewhocoruptz says. Feel it out for this run. Don’t pop any more beans just yet. Study a little while and start over once you’ve collected the bits you need/want to use. Popping beans and trying to dial your shit in afterwards from experience. Is a right ballache. Anything you need help with shout up. If you prefer to make your own decisions based on your reading head over to the faq.

And welcome

5 Likes

@hewhocoruptz Thanks and I intend to keep letting them grow. And I think you’re right about trying to understand.

@anon58740919 Yea I quess i did “jump the gun a little” starting new seeds. But I legit thought the other’s died. But I guess it worked out good. Now I have an indoor and outdoor crop to compare with I guess.

What I’m mainly wondering is what’ll happen as the days get longer outside? Will they quit flowering and reenter the veg state? Should I just try to keep them on a 12-12 schedule or let them do their thing? I just hate to see them go to waste. Any input is appreciated and thanks.

3 Likes

At 14 hours or less of sunlight, cannabis will flower. Depending on your site, you may be able to deprive enough sunlight for them to continue flowering. If they do re-veg, they aren’t pretty. I face a similar problem in my green house currently.

3 Likes

I think I can come up with a way to keep them out of the sunlight so they’ll still flower. I take it that it’s not good if they re-veg? Does it stress them badly?

Thanks

1 Like

They grow really weird single leaves and spiral leaves and branches that just come out of everywhere. It’s really strange, and more difficult to reflower without taking clones and starting fresh.

I think your light depravation idea might be your best bet.

2 Likes

Hi @TheTown
If you can manage to provide 12 hours of darkness daily…do it. IMO, that is the best plan.
Good luck😎

1 Like

Your light cycle should go to 12/12 or choose auto flower seeds no need for 12/12.

1 Like

wouldn’t revegging them cause them to grow wild and give a bigger yield in the end? idk never monster cropped or revegged anything b4

Light dep if you can manage. If they do reveg i woul prune heavily once normal leaves re appear. Depending where u live natural outdoor budset doesnt kick in til early august. You have lots of time till solstice as well. Light dep would be way more favourable, but all may not be lost if you cant. And ya might just grow a monster bush. Depends if you can afford to fail miserably though. Good Luck either way.

1 Like