The impromptu grow room move during winter

So we haad my daughter and son in rooms next to each other and I was growing in a large tent in the spare “office” room. We moved my son in there over the winter so their rooms would be the same size and I took over the small spare bedroom as my grow room. This is the progress:
(Edit: Seems like images are all jumbled instead of in timeline order I apologize, top 2 are the most recent)

20201208_222413|666x500

18 Likes

If anyone wants to know anything about any of the setup feel free to ask, or if someone’s actually curious in just an overall description of everything I could do that too.

It’s been a work in progress for a few years now but I’m right on the cusp of having all the gear I could want. Trying hydro for the first time ever this month, the bubble buckets I made myself not that it was much more than buying and drilling, scrog net is new this month and so is the black water tank to get rid of the fish tank.

Waiting on 50/50 UVA/UVB T8s to be developed by the light company I work with to go down the centers of my lights and my spectrum will be complete

4 Likes

You really make the most of your space.

I’m interested to see how your hydro works out. Are all of the buckets connected?

3 Likes

I’ll take 1 of those t8’s too.

I’m jealous of your grow, it’s beautiful what you have done

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to post as soon as they’re ready :grin: one of the main things I’ve done the most research on is LED lighting, I’m working on my perfect spectrum to imitate the sun as beneficially as possible indoors.

Found a company in China that was looking for someone to help them understand what every day consumers wanted in LED lights, so I helped them develop the Lenofocus LF2000’s that I use and had em update their drivers to mean well, main diodes to Samsung. Personally, I needed a company that could develop lights for me so we’ve worked out a decent relationship.

I get to learn lots of science about LEDs and what plants like about different spectrums and don’t have to figure out how to build lights from scratch.

3 Likes

Thank you! I had to do a lot of my redneck engineering to make the room happen, everything hung from the ceiling was done with 35lb drywall anchors from home depot so everything has 70-140lbs of possible carrying weight. I just try to make the most of what I have to work with

Unfortunately I’m too indecisive and like to move things around too much to put something stationary like that, maybe if I could use 1 inch rubber tubing in the future so it could flex to be moved I could connect them.

As for now they’re all 6 individual reservoirs technically, only interconnected by the air pump. Means I check 6 different pH levels, mix 6 different cups of nutes to pour in each bucket when I need to.

Truthfully it’s not THAT much more work than normal growing, just needs to be more precise. I just hope things go as well as they have so far for the entire grow

3 Likes