Hygro meter position

Where in the flower room is the best place to put a hygro meter and thermometer?
I’ve been having a few experiments and getting vastly different results.

2 Likes

If you can, hang one canopy lvl. One near top of tent, and one soil level

4 Likes

I have one up top, one just below the light and one slightly hidden under the top of the canopy.

If I only had one I would put it just barely shaded by the top leaves.

5 Likes

I’ve taken measurements from each of those and the difference is huge, so when people say the temperature should be, let’s say 24 to 29 degrees and RH should be roughly around 50 in the flower room which of the three measurement I’ve taken should I use. Top, canopy or pot levels

Also should the canopy level one be in the light or the shade

Ta

1 Like

Cheers

Any idea if there’s a chart or guidelines anywhere that tells what the readings should be at each of the 3 levels

1 Like

No chart. But for your reference the temperature on the canopy sensor rises a few degrees C when I take the plant out of the tent and the sensor gets direct light. From, say, 25C to 28C.

Here’s a temp/humidity monitoring and alerting tool worth a peek.

No more running in and out of the grow just to check temps and humidity.

1 Like

I use this one, pretty cheap, works with Bluetooth and gives you all info needed in your mobile:

I put them hanged near the canopy and stuck in the wall right back the heater and dehu … :sunglasses:

https://www.ink-bird.com/products-smart-sensor-ibsth1mini.html

2 Likes

I was considering Ink Bird a while ago, looked like a reasonable product. I’m glad to see your approval of them.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I bought two in Amazon, had a problem with one of them because of the Bluetooth Mac address, contacted them and they sent me another two :grin:, without sending back the one that didn’t work.

It can send you alerts when your temperature or humidity is out of range, you can calibrate it and has charts, for that price a good deal … Arriba|nullxnull

1 Like

The specs are great!
It was actually the blue tooth feature that sort of ‘turned me off’ after I thought about it. I guess I wasn’t ready for that level of ‘entanglement’.
I got my routine and I look forward popping open the tent at night and spending an hour or two ‘puttering’.

Cheers
G

Thanks for the info lads. I must admit I enjoy puttering too.
I think the introduction of a hygro meter has saved this crop. Turned out my RH was far too low and my tempature far too high.
So I’ve turned light down to 400w from 600w , always thought the 600w was too intense. Now I know.
I’ve put some water in trays and placed them between the plants as well.
When I opened the room up this morning RH was 70, that’ll drop during the day to around 50 55.

1 Like

my only one is on the floor of my tent because i have no way to hang it… well i guess i could wrap zip ties all the way around the center of it to hang from or something but fk it anyways.

i’m looking at buying the AC infinity T6 inline fan which includes a sensor so it can turn on/off at your set temp/RH, and i would set that at canopy level as leaf surface temp is what matters most, right?

1 Like