Humidity controller?

So I have a good light, a good tent with a good ventilation system. Up until this point I haven’t even thought about humidity at all. I have a humidifier I had laying around and I’ve been running it about 4 hours a day. I don’t have a humidity gauge so I have no idea if my humidity is good or bad. My plants look healthy but I believe humidity control would make them even healthier. I’m looking for a cheap solution. I want something that will sense the humidity and turn my humidifier on and off at a predetermined level. Pardon my ignorance but does this exist? Like just a timer type box that senses what the humidity is and powers on the outlet accordingly?

I think the ink bird is what I’m looking for. Prolly should have googled it first lol.

4 Likes

Likely inkbird is the answer… i bought ac infinity t8 fan and it “almost” does what I want. They have a temp/rh outlet for$50 says will be available Dec 31. We’ll see. If so im grabbing one. I should look into the inkbird as well… needless to say, ill be keeping an eye on your thread.

2 Likes

Inkbird Humidity Controller IHC200 Humidistat Mushroom Greenhouse Pre Wired Outlet Dual Stage Humidifier Dehumidifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1E5LWM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7RXG46RESGBGZF21Z3BE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes

I will be the third to answer with Inkbird. Cheap, reliable and work. What more can one ask.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Now I need a dehumidifier lol my wife’s gonna be pissed at how long my Christmas list is :santa:

Put something nice from Santa to her under the tree :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Inkbird, there’s the basic temp or RH model with controls only on the unit, an upgraded version of each with WiFi control through an app, and a combined unit or two I think? I have two each of the dumb temp and RH ones and they work great once you get used to thinking about cycles and set points. Biggest downside to the basic level ones is no different setting for different times of day, which is occasionally annoying, but sort of whatever for me.

2 Likes