Hygrozyme substitute

I was using Hygrozyme During the outbreak.

@OriginalDankmaster96 Use it just to clean or run it in reservoir, also?

2 Likes

Only to clear up the pathogen. I treat my water for a cloner with Oxine, about 2 drop per gall. Oxine is far stronger than H202 or bleach.

1 Like

@MOX Read over this thread. Follow my steps outlined and you will SOLVE the pathogen

https://overgrow.com/t/pythium-fusarium-is-not-the-same-as-cyanobacteria-slime-snot-covered-stems-and-ends-find-out-how-i-learned-what-this-is-and-what-to-do/91187/81

2 Likes

@OriginalDankmaster96 . thanks!

2 Likes

Calcium hypochlorite. Pool shock in a pinch.

2grams in a 1 gallon jug of water makes a stock solution.

Dose 2ml per gallon of reservoir water, of the stock solution, every 3 days in order to sterilize your reservoir. You can usually double this if you’re fighting an outbreak. I would not ever do more than triple this rate.

No more algae, weird smells, nor quick pH jumps. You got clean water and the plants got a lil extra calcium, some chlorine which is a micronutrient, and oxygen.

2 Likes

@OriginalDankmaster96 Read through the thread about 6 times over to make sure. I understand everything. and it seems like I’ve been taking the correct approach so far.
Last run, I had my first breakout of cyanobacteria After two decades on and off Of this little hobby of mine. I’ve always grown DWC ever since I bought Ed. Rosenthal indoor growing bible in late 90’s.
After getting extremely frustrated I tore down my tents did it extremely deep clean using P.20 Soaking everything i could in a concentrated bleach solution first. Then rebuilt the Tents as the process was going. I kept spraying every part in peace going into the tent with P.20 including both the inside and outside of the tent and man. I saturated every serfice so they stay wet for longer than the 5 to 7 minutes? That’s recommended on the bottle. Tossed the expanded clay pebbles. I had been using for 3 years straight. Purchased new. Cut clones and put in rapid rooter plugs. Ditched my airo.cloner. As I see this to be easiest, I’ll be at a bit more expensive. Way to eliminate one of the vectors of contamination. I just joined OG as I was finishing up rebuilding and putting in new clones. Sounds like the only piece of the puzzle I’ve been missing is treating treating the Res. H2O w/Oxine.
Wish me luck🤞

2 Likes

The more you know🌈