Hypochlorous Acid......a Deep Dive

Which exact one did you buy? Can you give a screenshot? @Nitt

3 Likes

Hi.
I got the “NatureChlorMax” model. They make a “NatureChlorMini” (which is usb powered/connector), a “NatureChlor” (“standard size”), and a “NatureChlorMax” (largest capacity in the line).

Here’s a link (controlomatic is the manufacturer): NatureChlorMax
They have a listing for “blemished units” right now too: NatureChlorMax-Blemished

I didn’t pay anywhere near the full price. I got mine at egretlab.ca, they’re out of stock on the “Max” model right now. Actually they just said they’re selling off all their inventory (clearance) right now, and are closing up shop at the end of this year. There is not enough demand for it canada, they said.
Lame as fuck.

4 Likes

Has anyone else tried vaporizing hocl?

8 Likes

Don’t see why it wouldn’t work, it’s all about coverage and foggers are very efficient at it…
Not sure of the volume efficiency, but if you have an inside grow(contained) and Bud Rot pressure, I’m guessing flicking the switch and letting it saturate the area for 2-3 hours would be pretty effective…

7 Likes

I am amazed at the hang time. If you fog it with a 5
Micron fogger it literally vaporizes and hangs in the air as a hazy fog for about 2 hours. Zero increase in humidity since Lights and mechanical are still on. It permeates every part of the building.

10 Likes

HLG said they did just that a couple years ago, but for general environment/employees, ie: not for the garden.

Cool.

What fogger did you use?

I’ve used a vector fog unit and noticed that the foggy haze really hung. Peroxide is gone as soon as the fogger is turned off. Hocl, hangs for 2-3 hours.

In that photo, I used a 2 nozzle room disinfection machine made to aerosolize peroxide. It fogs out 1 gallon per hour.

There’s a new company selling a 2 micron fogger for hocl that is making some really bold claims about its efficacy in this industry. Looks like it could change the game a bit.

5 Likes

Very interesting I didn’t realize this juice was in the home made realm.

Anyone try making their own machine. Looks quite simple. Couple carbon anodes 12v 1amp.
Think I will give it a go. See how it works in hydro to keep the nastys out.

7 Likes

Some on YT I think.

Cool.
Which unit? I have a vectorfog, it doesn’t have different nozzles though.

4 Likes

Ya saw the one on YouTube. I ordered a veritable power supply today. Have stir plate already for beer yeast. Just need some carbon rods. I’ll post here when I get it fired up.

1 Like

You guys are talking about a device to make HOCL?
I Ve searched and It really Is expensive to me as a hobbist
@Turpman @Nitt

3 Likes

Suposidly it uses 12vdc 1amp. I don’t think it matters the exact v and amp as long as your close. And measure how much you have made after a period of time.
That’s why I’m just going to build. I’d like a variable power supply anyway to test LEDs so win/win.
You could Probly get away with a thrift store used 12v wall wort. Sounds like most materials will work as an anode and cathode but stainless is not to be used as it creates chrome byproducts that are hazardous.
Will also be using the power supply for a derusting tank. Same idea. But your part to be derusted turns into the anode. And you use a bit of mule team baking soda as the electrolyte. Bubble for a day and the rust falls off.

1 Like

The 100. The lower volume setting in a vector fog unit produces down to a 5 micron drop size.

This is the whole room unit I use.

Flame burns blue normally but burns bright orange in the presence of hocl.

8 Likes

I Ve never built something like that,maybe I Need some videos and inages as instructions because I don’t know what I do Need exactly.Sorry to be so Dumb :pensive:

12v DC 1 A Is the specific of an Electric PSU?
Basically a Power supply?

1 Like

A variable power supply. Makes whatever voltage and current you dial in.
Lets say you just use a battery charger. It will make 12v but current is dependent on your solution. Current could be too high.

2 Likes

How do these generators atomize the water?
Do they use a spinning disk? Or a pressure pump and mister?

4 Likes

Ultrasonic or piezoelectric?..
I see mist foggers based on ultrasounds.

3 Likes

These are air pressure atomizers. It’s the nozzle that makes the difference.

4 Likes

Oh wow. Haha, is that by “vectornate”? I have this one: C20 ULV Cold Fogger – Vectorfog
Note the warning not to use HOCl. Very contradictory information coming from them. As they said via email and phone that you can certainly use HOCl in it. And the parent company also has a faq that say you can.

That machine you have is a beast.

2 Likes

I hear ya. But if HOCl is what one want’s to use, it’s something like $40-60 CAD a gallon. A generator pays for itself in 3-5 gallons maybe. Then a good question is, how good of a job of making the “diy” HOCl one does, I guess. There are at least two companies that make proprietary mixes that you add to your water and “guarantee” certain results (eg: 200ppm and ~5.6pH), along with better shelf life, according to their chemical mixture.

1 Like