Salmon Creek Big Bud

Was wondering if anyone on here currently works with Salmon Creek Big Bud? Was a great strain I had back when I lived in Humboldt and as dumb as it may sound to some was one of the best male plants I ever had. By its second set of leaves they were like growing elephant ear plants. Also if I do see it around will it be the same one from the very early 2000’s or would it be a reworked variety like some strains I’ve been reading about since i was out of the loop for awhile? Thanks for any info!

8 Likes

I was thinking about that one today. Think it’s a clone only ? No experience with it unfortunately but interested in hearing what people have to say.

“Salmon Creek BigBud (a particularly excellent
example of Sensi Seeds BigBud circa '95/'96)”

Quote by @TomHill, if you got a minute would you please tell us a bit more :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That is correct collected by brother cris guioqie (?) When I was hunting haze he was hunting bigbud. 1 of 92 became SCBB.

10 Likes

Then he sent emersaries. Wanted them monkey balls. We broke bread. .

6 Likes

Is she still around ? I think you mentioned years back she was uncommon or likely to be thrown off the freedom train due to infections etc

1 Like

I wish I knew if it were still around too, I only got the pleasure of smoking it one time when I went to Cali to visit some friends back in 2010. As I recall she had legs on her.

1 Like

I think it long gone like trainwreck and all other B’s

5 Likes

High B’s but yeah man, B’s.

3 Likes

Thanks Tom. Maybe I can pick your brain about skunk next time :sweat_smile: I know… I know…

2 Likes

My whole philosophy is let’s be surprised lol. I ain’t charging you for it, but your ass will be charged.

4 Likes

Curious as to what you consider to be A in the current market.

3 Likes

That is interesting to know and now leaves me with more questions than answers lol. Thank you. The ones i had, had come from a few seeds i was given because they thought what i was doing was interesting and they thought the growth structure would be good to work with. That was in 2001. At that time I was one of the few I knew of that were into the genetic aspect of it. Before moving to Humboldt i was a zookeeper and reptile breeder so the breeding styles that were used to prove out genetics for reptiles (ball pythons morphs are a good example) made sense to me to apply to breeding for traits i liked to smoke and/or made the strain a healthier growing plant. I had also saw your comment about Trainwreck. Man i miss living in Arcata and having certain strains at my access.

2 Likes

There has not been grade a weed in years. And we all sit here trying to pretend some other shit is happening

5 Likes

I got a pack of salmon creek big bud at a seed bank in Toronto about 20 years ago. It wasn’t as good as my BB from sensi seeds so I let it go. I did make some crosses with NL and a few other things but never tried them out.

1 Like

Straight shooter hahah

I’m in my early 30s - saddens me to hear I missed it and am smoking oregano :joy:

Guess all we have is remnants of the pre 00s. Some cuts, some old fridge lines etc

3 Likes

What do you consider grade A?

2 Likes

When you find it let me know. Havent seen good scbb since probably 01 or 02. Been missing it dearly :sleepy:

1 Like

It must be so potent and cerebral no dizziness no muddy high I wanna hear the ants crawling around on earth.

7 Likes

SCBB blue dream all that neither were clean they high B’s at best.

1 Like

High specific bar for A. Thank you for the answer

2 Likes