If you could start over with No Budget with 10x26 w/ 8 ‘ ceilings , 12x8 w6’ceiligs & 12x10 w 6 ft ceilings?

I have 10 1000’s MH & HpS but thinking bout LED. Just wanted to see what people think?

1 Like

HI there, welcome to Overgrow! I am a bit confused by the question, it says “no budget” but you mention already having some MH and considering some LED’s, and the question seems to be regarding room size, so I am not sure how to approach this question, however there is a great thread about making your own LED’s here, as well as a wealth of other info, so maybe if you are a bit more specific we can help you figure out what you are considering. Good luck.

3 Likes

I have those but was considering going w LED. Have t decided. Wanna start from ground up

well if you have no budget to work with, and want to build up I think you should start off with what you have and upgrade as you go along. If the opposite were true and money was no object I would say go with LED’s for many reasons, but if you already have some other lights then those should work fine, however MH and HPS do give off a lot more heat, and therefore have different cooling/venting watering and nutrient requirements than LEDs as a result. Also, how are you going to be growing them, what medium? Hydroponic or in soil/soilless?

3 Likes

Only you can answer these questions. Why are you growing? Im assuming to make money based on 10kw lights.

Id go 5 4x8 flood tables on rollers to go side to side for pruning/training/cutting. A 3" floor drain at the end of each table. 4x2 area for fertigation tanks and mixers in the far right corner. Have piping run alone back wall and out down each table. Drain to each floor drain pitched back to the right where theres a sump over where fertigation tanks are. Sump can have a utility pump on a float switch.

Each 4x8 table would have (4) HLG 320H and (32) Bridgelux eb gen 3 1120mm strips.

160 strips be about $2000 (20) drivers be about $1600

Not sure the price on roller tables.

For cooling id go with a 36k btu heat pump unit with low ambient kit if you live where temps drop below freezing and still need cooling. This is optional. 3 12k evaporators inside spaced every 6 feet. Pitch the condensate for these over to the sump.

I would hang 2 quest 120s spaced every 8 feet. Pitch the condensate from these over to the sump.

I would get a 2000CFM centrifugal exhaust fan sidewall mounted with backdraft dampers and run the whole 10ft length along one side with side wall grilles.

Would get an intake box with a motorized damper and louver and MIRV 8-12 filters…4x2 should be adequate. This will be mounted on the opposite 8ft wall.

Would put an outdoor temp and humidity sensor and indoor sensors that dictates whether you can use mechanical cooling and humidity control vs outdoor.

If calling for outdoor energize exhaust fan interlocked to the motorized damper. Have a duct temp sensor in the exhaust ductwork to deenergize once exhaust reads X degrees. This will close the damper and shut the exhaust fan down.

If outdoor is too cold or hot or humidity is too high or low use mechanical means

4 Likes

@Dundada if you go with 10K of HID

I vote for the 8 foot ceiling 2 feet helps with high watts

if you go with LEDs 6 foot might be better

all the best and please share what you do

Dequilo

2 Likes

I’d use what you have already and replace the units as the components wear out instead of replacing all at once.

If you truly have an unlimited budget though, go nuts.

4 3x6 flood tables, still plenty of space to maneuver around in a 10x26. 8K watts should do just fine for flower. Use the other 2K for your veg space, still plenty of room for equipment/storage. Sorted.

1 Like

Yeah i didnt even think of a veg space. Or a drying space. Tweak the tables as you see fit.

Those roller tables is what all the big ops use. DTW. Also CRAC units (those are spendy though) for the average joe. But hands down best critical humidity and temperature control equipment. CRAC stands for computer room air conditioner. Usually used in server rooms but many of the manufacturers make grow facility lines with organization

I work as a construction estimator in the mechanical field so I see all the floorplans

Saw plans recently with their own leachate facility and a 10k GPD RO filter. And that was for one floors flowering/veg rooms.

They dumped 30million into that building.

1 Like

Theoretically a really unlimited budget would get you a full on horticultural laboratory. Automatic dosing, pH control, air scrubbers, 10 different meters, UV sterilizers for air and water, chillers, filters, automated CO2, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, complete and total environmental control. But IDK how much people like messing with stuff. So many potential variables, one could spend tens of thousands before they even buy the lights.

2 Likes

If i had an Unlimited budget I’d have 6 or 8 of those new gavita 1930 in my 12x12 bedroom a 4ton central ac(my house is only like 800sqft) a co2 generator+controller id probably stick with my exhaust setup( to vent when the lights out) and enough 5000k 6500k leds in my other bedroom for veg make the living room my bedroom. Of course if I had an unlimited budget for a grow I probably wouldn’t live in an 800sqft duplex in the hood.

1 Like

If you truly have no budget, I would go with the HLG 650 RSpec… go big or go home!
:+1::seedling:

1 Like

If I had an unlimited budget I would go for one of those James Bond villain islands… But without the “take over the world” and “spies trying to kill me” parts.

One covered stadium for veg and one for flower. Heat and CO2 from natural vents in the earth. Tropical sun. Pay the minions in cash even though they say they would be happy just taking home a couple bags of nugs.

2 Likes

If i had an unlimited budget i would be buying weed and travelling on my yacht.