*legal* commerical grow for oklahoma for house strains for dispensary

so i have a space that is 20x8 in the back of my dispensary that isnt being used for anything. and i was wondering if it would work as a grow area for supplying maybe 2 or 3 house strains.

ive been a tent grower for 5 years, but i understand that things in this industry dont scale up well. i was thinking maybe separate it into two rooms, or four?

i cant figure out if i should build it out, or use tents, is that even allowed in commercial Oklahoma growing?

i have access areas for venting lights (hps) and for exhausting old air. any input you guys could give would be really appreciated, thanks.

11 Likes

5 tents side by side could work as a nice perpetual system one being for a mother/clone/veg tent (a 4 x 8 along the shortest wall). A couple of true 8 week strains could see you harvesting every two weeks.

10 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @Pedro_Bann. I think we are on the same wavelength

6 Likes

Personally I’d probably just go 2 big rooms, veg and bud. Obviously the veg room could be smaller. This way you can manage all your heat/air together and enjoy the benefits of the lights overlapping. Veg a plant for a while and chuck it into the perpetual bud room and you’d be producing constantly.

Plus maintaining a bunch of smaller spaces can be a real pain in the ass logistically…cramped etc. Is there a plant limit or something like that?

Edit: I’m jealous by the way. You could pheno hunt strains to find something really special or different that could be your trademark strain!

4 Likes

More variety is always nice as a customer… but are your running out of product enough to justify it? Do you have extra labor also doing nothing? :wink: :sweat_smile:

Just thoughts…

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I can draw you up a little design… it be like setting up a small shipping container… get 5 lights or so in there…

4 Likes

would your be drying/curing in the same room? How high are the Ceilings? Skip the tents, maybe one for veg in the same room as you are flowering in.

3 Likes

I have a separate area for drying and curing. This evening I’ll draw the damn thing out with masking tape on the floor and see what we have to work with

5 Likes

Designing rooms is one of my favorite parts of growing. Building them on the other hand…

3 Likes

You could get 12 315w cmh (1 per 3*3) and still have a decent walk way…but that would be all flower…

2 Likes

Or divide it up
It would only take 1.5 - 2 tons of AC to cool the 8 cmh in the flower side…

3 Likes

dewb nice setup. much more efficient than what I had in mind. im planning to run 1000W hps air cooled lights. I was thinking 1000w per 4x4 area

1 Like

Yeah the cmh should give you a decent yeild especially with the overlap… and the best air cooled 1000w light I could find runs 2100 btu, the cmh should run 1300 - 1500 btu and a 60 pint dehumidifier and the room and you’re at 1.3 tons or so… and a 2 ton minisplit is fairly cheap…
You could even run cheap LEDs for veg and moms. And since you’re just supplementing what you purchase this should keep you from running out…

3 Likes

@Dewb thanks bro. ive been looking at the mini splits for cooling - very comparable to the pricing compared to portable ac units, and much more efficient.

ive wanted to start on this project sooner but I wanted to make sure I didn’t bite off more than I could chew. things have calmed down around here in regards to the paperwork so time to pick up where I left off.

2 Likes

If there’s anything I can help ya with let me know… I’ve design so many grow rooms this year it’s ridiculous… finally got to do my own…
Those cmh will save on power to
8 - is only 2520w… Kind of a win win in you’re situation…
Yeah the minisplits are great for smaller grows… just be sure to clean them regularly…

3 Likes

Oh and LEDs and pallet racks or shelf’s will double the veg/mom canopy without taking up more floor space…

2 Likes

If your not limited by numbers, SOG on racks or shelfs would be the way to go for a commercial op IMO.
3 layers of plants under LED, and you should be able to crop good amounts of weed in that space and have plenty of space to veg your moms.

5 Likes

@Palindrome currently there are no count restrictions on commercial growers. but when august comes around every plant will need barcoded. I would love to do a sog grow but currently my plan is to run scrog. mothers veg and clones will get led lighting on racks.

im just not convinced about the led tech yet for flowering. ive seen some outstanding led grows on here, but when I tried it small scale I lost nearly half my usual weight from a strain I knew inside and out. but the nextgen lights Ive seen look like the bees knees.

2 Likes

Id still do SOG if legal, barcode lables are easy to handle.
I used to work in greenhouses, where we did a lot of indevidual labeling on test cultures.

Clones prolly won’t need a lable, until you pot it after it got roots.
But for sure you have to make it up in, what cost more. SCROG with veg or vs. the time cost of labeling each plant.

3 Likes

U make a valid point.

Would u use flood tables for such a setup? I was thinking drip emitters in fabric pots with Coco originally.

2 Likes