I'm having Twins!

I popped some mango haze from @Sebring, and one of them shot out 2 radicals and 2 sets of cotyledons. Any one else see this happen?

20 Likes

Had one recently, one of them pulled through, the other one just stayed small with a single green cotyledon leaf.

1 Like

Yeah… One is definitely runty, but I think there’s a fighting chance. I’m hoping for a male and female from the pair. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Man, there are some odd mutations in that strain. You’ll see trifoliate leaves, and there are nodes that’ll have 4 and 5 branches coming out of it. On some of them, the stem will start to flatted out at that node, and they grow this large cola that looks different than than the rest of the plants, and smells like burnt rubber to me.

Here’s the thread from the seed run.

:guitar:

6 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for that link, I’ll read up now.

Those do sound like interesting mutations. I’ll keep my eyes on them.

2 Likes

Twins are not that uncommon. Usually one will do fine and the other will be a runt or die.

3 Likes

have one right now, its from subcool , its in the 3rd week of veg and doing fine

3 Likes

I separated them this morning before work. Can’t wait to see if the runt is still doing well. I had to move it before they became conjoined twins. I’ll add a photo later. :wink:

1 Like

The runt is runty, and another set of twins! Not as exciting now. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

When I get twins, I usually don’t separate them. Usually one of them is a runt if they come out of one shell (as opposed to conjoined twins). If you leave them together, the runt eventually looks like a lower branch that starts at the soil line.

It will be cool to see how these come out growing in separate containers. I’m definitely going to follow along to see the outcom.

I have a ton of conjoined twin and triplet seeds from a recent seed harvest. I have pictures of a lot of those unusual seeds in my grow journal.

3 Likes

I’ll check it out! I considered leaving them together, but figured I’d like to try and separate them. Its still runty compared to it’s sibling, but it has some friends that are the same size. The other set of twins are both the same size and are just small. Figure I’ll give them a chance. I’ll add photos soon.

3 Likes

Ive got a twin subcools jtr, it has very very close inter-nodal spacing and now even though it wasn’t topped or fimmed has 3 tops…the co joined twins Brittany and Abby (they better be female or they got crap names)
the twin is smaller but not out of the running, there still attached. I just flipped them to flower.

2 Likes

If they are boys , just call them Brit and Ab (pronounced Abe) :rofl:

2 Likes

I had one last year and I just left them. One grew to be the dominate plant and the other did like @zephyr says, and stayed smaller and eventually looked like a limb coming from the base of the plant. It flowered, too.

2 Likes

Check it out! A second plant growing from a single seed! I know I only planted one seed in the pot so does anyone have experience with this happening? I’m curious why it would :thinking: not complaining at all :joy:

Also here are a look at my 3 girls in flower :smiley:

6 Likes

Had this happen to me a few times over the years. This year I grew them out, both were female, and grew into 2 beautiful 10 foot Purple Kush Bushes.

2 Likes

I found this in my library. inspired by another linkedin member.

took a while to find. but: triplets. the only time out of thousands of seeds and dozens of twins. the little 3rd one didnt make it past germination.

Anyone else have em?

mm

#cannabis #twins #triplets #seed #seeds #seedlings

5 Likes

Two days ago for the first time happened to me.
From a Mr.Nice Pink Floyd seed two roots… Today they are coming out ot the coco.
I’m in doubts of making and openheart operation and separate the twins or not.

1 Like

I’ve had twins before, as in two sprouts from one seed. On my last grow I managed to get one with two heads on one sprout. I don’t know if that counts as a twin or something with two heads.

1 Like

Twins are cool. One of them should be genetically identical to the mother plant. It’s like a clone in seed form!

1 Like