Twinz papaya 99 from brothers Grimm

Ok so . Ya 2 seedlings out of one seed. One is a tiny runt other is about normal… not sure what to think :thinking: probably gonna anyone have experience with this?

Guess few questions I have are

1. Look out for herms?

2. They were female seeds can one of the twins be a male?

11 Likes

Picture please. :sunglasses:

Always look out for herms and it is doubtful that one will be male. Most of all I just wanna see it. :smiley:

6 Likes

There would be no X chromosome in feminized seeds to pass on to make it male

Edit: i also agree with heliosphere always watch for herms

4 Likes

S*** look goofy as f*** inside the shell. Planted it last night and came home to this after work

7 Likes

“Incidence of twin seedlings in the F2 seed tested was found to be approximately one in 975 seeds, or one in 800 actually germinated**. Rate of development often appears to be different in the early stages of growth between members of a pair, and this phase is being investigated with standard varieties.”

Definitely grow it. :sunglasses: Interested in how it grows. It’s a 1 in 800 seed, surely something special. :smiley:

Once they are growing good start pushing the two plants apart. Thank you for sharing your amazing seed. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hell yeah bro that’s awesome. Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate the hell out of you man. I’m going to grow them out together like that. And yeah that’s a very good idea. I’m going to push them apart to the sides and then grow them up in a big scrog. I’m really kind of hoping that they show differences in Bud growth. That would be awesome if it had different colors on the buds too

1 Like

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Craziest seed I ever popped. Had 2 tap roots, two plants came up and one had 3 cotyledons. The little one died off pretty quickly but it was for the best. I was gonna pull him anyways.

5 Likes

Let’s hope she’s epic!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’ve read that one of the twins can turn out to be 100% replica clone of the mother plant

1 Like

It’s my first run with Cindy 99 genetics. I’m always been super stoked on her!

2 Likes

Brothers Grimm is definitely no joke! I haven’t grown anything of theirs in over ten years! Always good stuff though, always. And c-99 is definitely a classic, euphoric strain. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out bro. Very much

2 Likes

I put an image on the Free your bud shots thread. Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk. Two females from one seed.

1 Like

Same here. And it’s super easy cheap. The tester seeds are only 25 bucks for like nine of them. So if I f*** them up oh well lol

1 Like

I saw people bitching about them doing that but tbh I think it’s a good idea, people actually wanna grow them then you know. I actually killed and lost a bunch of testers I was doing and I was so bummed about it, still am. Lots just grab them, make promises and never grow them though, that’s gotta be frustrating af and why I’ve just given my stuff too good friends, the one time I tried handing out my stuff . I even grew them out myself first to show how great they were, I didn’t give them as testers per se but still no one grew them out, no one.

1 Like

I think that’s a myth… based on a study about twin embryos in mangos and some grapes where one does end up being a copy.

If left together they will compete and most often one will lag behind severely.
You can split them, the earlier the better imo, else their roots tangle and that makes it difficult to separate them without damaging the roots.

1 Like

I really love the idea of being like a professional hobbyist tester of seeds. See what I come up with my homegrow That way people know what to expect. There should be people on our level. I shouldn’t say our level cuz I know you’re way the f*** ahead of me leagues lol but I think you get what I mean. Right now I try to stay away from most of the giveaways. Not a lot of female seeds out there and I want stuff that I would actually grow.

1 Like

I have been debating and battling myself with this. Also, would it be better to separate them let them grow together? Most of the things that I’ve seen people just grow them together in the same pot. I am 100% unsure what I’ll do at this point, but leaving them in the same pot is probably when I’m going to do. It’s either that or kill the little guy

1 Like

Well, myself I split them when I find them so they each have a fair chance. Up to you really, theres no wrong answer with this :yum:

1 Like

My only hang up with this is I have a legal medical grow and I have to watch my numbers closely or I would have already split it. I do have a bubble gum cross with sour bottle that is looking pretty ill. If it doesn’t improve, I’ll probably kill it and then split them for sure

Do they not already count as 2 plants as they are 2 separate root stock ? Idk lol

1 Like