My twin girls and plant count

So I’m new at this posting thing but wanted to share this. I’ve been taking breading seriously for over a year now and been growing hear in the state of Maine off and on since 2002. This is a blueberry crossed with a northern lights father. The seed was oddly shaped and as a small seedling the sisters constantly tired to suck the life out of the other so it was a fight to keep them growing at the same height and speed as the other.

So what I’m hopeing for in the future wood be a plant that wood have a higher rate of twin seeds.
But if this wood be possible I don’t know? And is this going to be 2 plants or 1? In the state of Maine anewone can grow up to 6 flowing plants.

5 Likes

i think it would be defined as two plants due to 2 main stems and 2 separate root masses but i’m not sure, it’s impressive you’ve grown them both so big other times i’ve usually seen people cull the smaller one. i’d be curious to see how the smoke compares, it should be identical genetics shouldn’t it? idk

What is the advantage of the twin seeds?

I would be interested to know for certain that they are identical twins. I’m guessing they are.

I just think it’s interesting and i don’t have anything better to do with my time. I don’t hear or sea alot of twins. This was my first one so I’m going to keep her around. the next step is to start making clones. After that I’ll start flowering them just to make sure I know what I’m running up agents.
I just can’t help but think it’s one seed and if too stems and roots come from that why not call it one. I guess your right i woodent push it.

1 Like

Freakin Awesome. Best answer I could have hoped for.

Can’t wait to see. :eye:

3 Likes

I haven’t had any space to do clones rite now so this year’s 6 outdoor plants will include the twins. And I will take clones later this year but for now my girls will hang out in the spare bedroom.

I can get the twin separated and healthy about 50% of the time, so for me that’s a huge bonus!
I’d buy em if I knew I’d be getting twins half the time.
If you cross the ones that coexist better, eventually you’ll have a pretty neat strain.

I have a seed from a goold leaf×northern lights that I believe is a twin and wood like to cross that with the blubarrey twins. The gold leaf seed looks like 2 seeds squashed in one seed. So I don’t know for sher but after I get back from my trip in April I’ll germinate the gold leaf seed.
When this one sprouted i didn’t eavan think about splitting them up I just was like, what’s that?? And now it’s to late but it’s still cool.

1 Like

So this is the gold leaf crost with northern light’s. It was star shaped and bigger than the rest of the seeds.

And this is the two seeds and tap roots, I did put them in sepret cups this time.
The twin blubarrey seeds are females so I’m praying I get a boy out of the GL×NL. Cuz the summer I’m hopeing to cross them as long as thay prove worthey for breeding.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Do you collect and re-distribute your pollen, or do you place the plants near each other while they take care of pollination?

It is my thinking that if you re-distribute the pollen, as I do, it is more likely that two pollen grains will arrive at the pistils at the same point in time. It is also possible they split while forming. Got to run them to know.

3 Likes

very cool, have not seen this before!

I grow out of a camper out back ware i take the best girls and with the male all in one room. After he douse his thing with the help of a fan I pole him and that’s it.
Those seeds look good what strain you working with?

This is a cross of Space Candy Female with Platinum Huckleberry Girl Scout Cookies male. Space Cookies

3 Likes

The gold leaf cross with northern lights twins.

1 Like

Just wanted to give a update on the twins

This one is the blueberry

And the gold leaf ×northern lights

2 Likes