Indoor LED grow

well, there isnt much you can do without heater… those electric ones are very power inefficient, but still come cheap… i dont think heating mat is good at heating air, and as @ifish mentioned if your temp is 16 degree your floor is same or lower, and youll waste energy heating the floor, styropor or something similar underneat should do the trick of transfering some more heat to the air…

edit: something like this should be enough, if not overkill: https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-5409-Adjustable-Thermostat-Features-Oscillation/dp/B006JV24IU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=lasko+754200&qid=1578682425&sr=8-10&linkCode=ll1&tag=sensig1-20&linkId=242bfb3a318c49cf8eea63ace9a6cf73&language=en_US

or maybe something like this that has a fan: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Fan-Heater-Thermostat-Portable-Oscillating-Base-Remote-Control-2-2kW-/122751137372

(these are ment to be recommendations, i dont know where to source these things in south africa)

but make sure it has termostat and a tipping-safety, it looks like a plastic pin that pops out when you tip device over, it shuts it down if its not standing up…

3 Likes

Can you insulate the tent any ?
Heat rises , so if you placed a blanket or similar over the roof , this will help trap the heat in the tent and stop it escaping etc
Also if your light is say half way up your tent or less then raise it too the top of the tent ( safe distance from roof of tent etc ) and then raise the pots and mat same distance , as the top half of the tent is warmer than the bottom half
Fixing your temp should be at the top of your to do list
: )

2 Likes

Ohk I will definitely fix this tomorrow I have tried throwing blankets and stuff over earlier but it makes no difference. I can try the insulation but the temps are only going to get colder and colder. I could consider lifting the plants but don’t really have anything I can use for that at the moment! I like the look of those little fan heaters though I know they are not the best for power. But that’s okay.

1 Like

So I have raised the plants off the floor and got a small fan heater. The temps are now better at 24.6° and RH is 42% now that the temps are up the humidity is going down though.

2 Likes

damm, it seems you need a humidifier also, especially if air is dry in south africa… but its better you do it now, before they are any bigger…

1 Like

Haha I think so yes! I have put a damp towel in there and it raised the humidity! So I am at 63% but I don’t think this is a long term solution temps are at 24°.

2 Likes

yea, that heater will dry air out, and ventilation will remove it from box… i like the idea tough, i would never tought of putting anything damp inside… :confused: make sure you post some pics when they get bigger! <3

1 Like

Haha yeah I guess the heat pulls the moisture out of the towel but I will get a humidifier and I will definitely post pics when they are bigger! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you’re incoming air is warm and dry, then a ‘swamp cooler’ can be efficient solution. Lots of DIY ‘how to’ vids out there.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

So what are you guys smoking at the moment? :smile:

2 Likes

Some nice tasty Galet OG

4 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Update
So it is about day 5 everything seems to be going well and all of the purple has disappeared since raising the temps. Temps are 23.8 and humidity is at 58%

Gypsie Widow #1

Gypsie Widow #2

There has been some weird growth on both the Aurora Borealis we will have to see what happens.

Aurora Borealis #1

Aurora Borealis #2

And finally the Purple Haze has started coming up.

4 Likes

Update
Good day I hope everyone is doing well.
So it is about day 10 everything seems to be going well I have just been giving the baby plants regular tap water pH at 6.5 and left overnight. Temps and humidity have been kept around the 60% and 23° - 24° range.

Gypsie Widow #1

Gypsie Widow #2

Aurora Borealis #1
There seems to be some weird spots on these leaves, the leaves were clipped by the seeds shell as they were coming out so I don’t know if it is just that.

Aurora Borealis #2
This seedling was also clipped by the seed shell a bit worse. Is there any reason why this happens or is it just one of those things?

Purple Haze
This is a reg no Autoflower or fem so I will see what happens.

I also would like some opinions on the nutrients I am using BioBizz and I have Bio Grow and Bio Bloom. The Biogrow says 2 - 4 ml per litre with every watering and I can’t remember exactly but they say you can use it on seedlings? I would just like some thoughts on this and when you would start using nutrients like this the soil has amendments and all so don’t even know if I should be using any? Also I am thinking of doing LST on these.

3 Likes

And so it begins…good luck brother

2 Likes

Thanks alot Dude! :smiley: I am excited

1 Like

Hi all I am having a small issue with one of my Gypsie Widow plants. It’s basically impossible to see in a photo but the one leaf has a slight bit of crisping on the tip it looks like maybe small nuteburn? I slightly overwatered about two days ago and they leaves were a bit drooped down. But I have not given additional nutrients. I don’t believe the soil could be too hot.

Gypsie Widow #1 you can see on the tip of the small right 3 fingered leaf. I don’t know if I am being worried over nothing.

Gypsie Widow #2 does anyone know why the leaves are crinkling?

Aurora Borealis #1 leaves are also crinkling.

Aurora Borealis #2 this plant is significantly smaller in size than the others.

Purple haze

Everything seems okay Temps have been at around 24° and humidity has been around 60%

2 Likes