New Guy! New Grower!

New to the form. Laws just change where I’m from so I figured I’ve get it a shot. Looking for tips and tricks, pointers, advice, anything to really help me get a Pro Grow for my first time grow!
I have 5 plants going Gelato, White widow x2, Pure Evil x2
Check em out & Let me know what you guys think!
16 Days In
Also these leafs started sprouting out the nodes, what’s going on with that?

29 Likes

New too the form and new to growing. Want a place to get feedback, help, tip , anything really too point me in the right direction. I have 5 plants going. Gelato, White widow x2, Pure Evil x2
16 Days In
Today My plants are growing leaves from nodes? I’ve haven’t seen this in videos so don’t know if the is supposed to be doing this…
Are these looking good? I got little feedback from other forms so curious…

19 Likes

Hello, welcome to overgrow!!!

They are looking good, keep it up :raised_hands:t2:

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @UppersAnDowners
They look good, and it’s completely normal for them to grow like that. Feel free to ask any questions, there are a ton of knowledgeable people here. You’ve found your way to the best cannabis community

10 Likes

Thank you pretty nervous I’m doing a lot wrong so good too here and I will reach out to you guys. Got a lot of collective knowledge!

5 Likes

Those seedlings are looking great, stop worrying and enjoy watching them grow, to get them to that stage you’re doing well, and welcome to OG mate💚

6 Likes

Yup
Nothing happens fast in the plant world
Over worry kills more plants.
Good soil
Ph correct water
Not to much or to few nutes
They almost grow themselves
If not messed with all the time.
Good luck.
You want nice canopy, pinch them at 3 node.
Need any input
We are all here

9 Likes

Welcome and Thanks for sharing…

There is whole lot of Action here on OG and lots of support for minds that follow:

Lol have a great day @UppersAnDowners

11 Likes

They are just getting there now. Honestly its a big scare me :sob::joy::man_facepalming: Im pinching it before the new node sprouts? Like am I getting the new leaves or the new stem/node?

2 Likes

Pinch/snip it just above the new growth. Keep the newest stems/leaves intact on the plant.

Looking good so far, welcome!

Edit to add - your plants are growing nice and compact, I’d personally let them elongate out a bit before I topped them. If you top now/soon, you’ll probably end up with a mass of too tight foliage. It’s personal preference but I’d wait a bit before topping. And since you are new at this, also know that topping a plant is not mandatory. Depends on lots of factors - genetics, grow style, available space, etc. oftentimes the best advice is “LITFA” i.e leave it the f**k alone.

10 Likes

Welcome! I’m new myself, plants look good!

3 Likes

Glad you’re here! Look around a bit and get comfy. That is indeed just how plants grow. They’re great. My two cents is to let them do their thing for another solid week or two before topping or removing any growth. You’re going to love watching the changes they make. Good stuff, welcome, and have fun :purple_heart:

6 Likes

If you Use Dry Amendments always mix your amendments in Soil and have that Soil sit at least 14 days to a month before you put a plant in it.That food has to break down and chelate to get the nutrients available to your plants.I see so many Posts on here Guys going hey whats wrong with my plants and plants are yellowing out and doing funky shit.Most of the time its trying catch up with a continuous feed and not starving them next to proper PH and adjusting your environment controls.Cook your soil and you wont have this issues with amendments

2 Likes

Strongly Noted, I have 2 that will need transfer in a bit. I’ll do there soil tonight to prep for them. I did mix the powder components with soil,water it and let it sit for 5 days before transfered my main three. Felt that wasn’t enough time letting the soil sit but still did it anyway smh but I gotcha.

2 Likes

Looks great @UppersAnDowners

Those leaves at the node are the beginning stages of a branch.

When those branches get long enough, you can cut it off the plant and make it a clone.

4 Likes

Freaking nice! Thank you for clearing that up, thought there was some sort of deformation of that leap or something I don’t know :man_facepalming::sob::joy:

1 Like

Looking good my friend, appears all your questions have been answered, I’m usually around if you ever need anything. You’ve got this :facepunch:t2: and welcome to OG

6 Likes

Everything is looking very good, and as others have said. Everything is normal.

I would not top or pinch anything yet. They are still too small to start training yet in my opinion. Especially with this being your first grow. There will be plenty of time later in the grow to train, trust me! lol

Any details on the soil you are using? What brand name? Did it come from a hydro shop or like Home Depot/Lowe’s?

What are you planning to use for nutrients/feeding? Have you bought anything yet?

6 Likes

I think I’m gonna do a mixture of all different techniques. I have a few plants.
If I’m doing low stress trading should I start now?
No lol got soil from grow shop Happy frog soil, photo XL, root Max, some other nutrients was quite pricey :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

No, I’d wait to start any training.
Are they regular or feminized seeds?

I probably wouldn’t give them any real nutrients yet either. The happy frog should have enough to keep them happy another couple weeks.

Do you have any microbe additives?

When you do start feeding I would recommend starting with 1/4 to 1/2 of the recommended dose. I rarely use the full recommended dose on any bottle of nutrients.
And make sure you do plain waterings in between the feeding. Less is definitely best, especially when first starting out. It’s easy to feed a bit more, but harder to fix overfeeding.

I was going to recommend a cheap organic line of dry nutrients I use and have set up some of my friends with when they first started. But it sounds like you’re all set with nutrients already!

7 Likes