Introducing Regular Emeritus

Thanks Joe. I think this will help to eliminate some of the shuffling and problems with seed run lists.
:+1::+1:

16 Likes

Thanks for the title :sunglasses: :face_with_monocle: :monkey_face:

10 Likes

Seems a fine addition. Does this completely defang the automatic demotion mechanism?
I suppose there are some editing powers that are lost.

8 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me!

10 Likes

Thanks for this, Joe. :slight_smile: I think it will be useful for some folks, especially when signing up to receive seeds.

I did think it was odd that people who joined the site this summer were already Regulars by just posting a lot, yet people who’ve been around for years weren’t. I’m glad I read to the end of your post because in the middle of your post I was curious if I would see the Emeritus badge. I even checked my badges, since I attained Regular status in 2018, but then lost it in the interim, and didn’t retain the title of Regular. And now I understand I’ll probably never become an Emeritus because I just don’t post or browse enough to become a Regular under the new rules. That’s OK though; I’m not complaining. Thanks for clarifying for us. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Badge for completing a seed run

Excellent solution, thanks a lot @LemonadeJoe!

2 Likes

Automatic demotion is still there, you will lose your Regular status and also Regular batch when you become passive member (visit or read less).

Only seed runs and other activities based on member seniority should be tied to Regular Emeritus.

9 Likes

What I have noticed lately is that many Regular people has chosen Regular Emeritus as title when it is “less” than Regular, it means you have lost it. For instance in Spain the king Juan Carlos I abdicated in his son Felipe VI, so he is now “king emeritus” and his son king. That happened also with the pope that resigned and is now “pope emeritus”. Wish to see now more Regulars and less demoted Regular Emeritus … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

By your definition then George, I (and numerous others who shall remain nameless) definitely qualify for Regular Emeritus; for I have long ago “lost it.”

Kev

5 Likes

Yes, that’s why I say it is sad for me to see them (the real ones), what I don’t understand is a Regular having Regular Emeritus as title icon_e_confused|nullxnull, that’s why I tried to explain it … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

It sounds like something extra. :laughing:

5 Likes

I still gotta figure out how to get back to regular again so I can get the emeritus badge lol

maybe the mods could set it up so that anyone who has posted in the private lounge automatically gets a regular emeritus badge. The same as how anyone who posts in the original overgrow members thread gets an “old school” badge.

That would solve the problem for some of the people who lost their regular status before the emeritus badge was introduced.

4 Likes

That’s honestly the part that sucks about it, losing access to the private lounge. I still don’t even know what caused me to drop down.

2 Likes

Regular Emeritus let’s you keep your Regular status privileges without having to be glued on OG.

4 Likes

Could be, but for me showing it as title means you have been demoted to Member again … ejem|nullxnull

1 Like

PM sent… When I get these questions, 99% it is caused by low numbers of posts and topics read.

Our traffic and activity has increased and this also implies higher requirements for keeping regular status.

Remember that requirements are based on relative percentage of our total posts / topics created. So there is direct proportion between site total activity and requirements to keep regular status.

2 Likes

the 25% is almost impossible if you have a life outside OG

8 Likes