INVITES & What Are They?

Hello OG’ers

INVITES & What Are They?? That simple and straight forward Inquiry lol…

Thank You for any help understanding this.

H-S

4 Likes

in·vite

verb

3rd person present: invites

/inˈvīt/

1. make a polite, formal, or friendly request to (someone) to go somewhere or to do something.

"we were invited to a dinner at the Embassy

8 Likes

Smart arse lol

I meant on OG as is it a private room or auction etc lol

5 Likes

I think the same rules apply lol but I don’t know, I’m usually automatically invited :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, sometimes it might sound stupid but if you don’t ask you will never know :wink:

4 Likes

No such thing as stupid question :wink:

2 Likes

I am with @CADMAN on this. Have not heard of any private auctions or rooms. You get in to the private lounge when you become a regular but that’s automatic and is kind of a ghost town. Most things tend to happen out here in the open.

8 Likes

I look at the board I view when I’m here thats why i asked the qt.

thx fr the INFO… now if I could only sends you a ice cold heini…

You can invite people to the forum via e-mail, and they keep track of it for badges from the look of things… maybe that’s what you mean? If so, and you want to invite someone, you can go to the Invites tab from your profile page and there’s a button right there to send them.

5 Likes

If you make a pm (private message) or dm (direct message). If you want to make it a group message. Like you want to talk with more than one person at the same time, you invite people to that one message. You can all talk and read the whole message.

I hope that makes since

3 Likes

Beautiful execution :laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah, what’s up this Private Lounge thing? Is it for the elite members only? Thanks, but no thanks…not for me, I would rather hang out with the common people…

I did reply to a post once but when I found out it was in the private lounge I deleted my reply…

1 Like

Lol, it’s a pretty quiet space but does have its advantages. Threads made in there are not visible through Google. That’s good for some.

7 Likes

Asking a question means your learning so you get less stupid with each one you ask :v:

2 Likes

Yes, some things that happen in Vegas…

2 Likes

Pretty much this… Like getting some credit for getting a friend to join the YMCA or such ya know… Except with badges and not discounts hhaha

1 Like

“Badges? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges.”

Sorry, I could not help myself.

5 Likes

No… It was actually made as a joke since a few years back people seemed to think there was a special hidden place on OG haha

So after a while we made it a category.

Nothing different there, save for two things… just more for possible giveaways for members that aren’t just posting in the ‘free seeds’ or giveaways and then never heard from again

And also locked categories aren’t google searchable, hence why the Shark Tank used to be a locked category so people on the outside of the site couldn’t search for OG and just see flaming arguments.

Also, I became a member by invite :grin:

4 Likes