IR light helps your plants go to sleep?

Its called emmerson effect, you turn on i think 10% in far red of your normal ppfd (please check that out, im not sure, it may be 10% of red light) after main light to get about 2 hours extra of main light schedule…

3 Likes

Yes, LD plants use FR for flower promotion, but in all plants it can be used to accelerate going into night mode via emmerson effect… Check this out:

3 Likes

indeed is :slight_smile:

I took Botany in college back 1977 soo long ago

2 Likes

Thanks @dequilo and @Wiener_Demeanor for your time to help me understand the Phytochrome System a little more a little more. I’m definitely going to look into it a little further. But in my case I dont feel confident enough right now to play around with that. I would like to see if anyone is using far red to keep there lights on longer during flower.

2 Likes

ReikoX has those:

3 Likes

Yeah, first flowering cycle with this setup, and the plants are fast as is, but I saw sex on these plants after 4 days of 12/12. :man_shrugging:

Going through my notes, it seems the makes were pulled at ay 10 on my previous grow.

5 Likes

This is my first full run using them too, and new genetics, but I also saw mine show sex in 4 or 5 days. I’m also at 6 weeks of flower and my plants closest to my IR puck are looking almost ready to chop. I thought it was just because of being indica dominate, I forgot that the puck is supposed to decrease flowering times too! Now I want to get it focused on my s3dh

4 Likes

I couldnt understand, they are fast as they were before fr? Did you do extra 2 hours? You saw sex 6 days before you did last time?

1 Like

By saying these are fast, I’m referring to the fact that they are 1/2 autoflowering and 1/2 photoperiod plants. They flower a couple weeks faster than their mother.

2 Likes

Both are saying faster overall flower cycle. I had forgotten that people said that about it

6 Likes

was going to try the rapid pucks, had never heard that it shortens the flower cycle though, thanks @anon92380848

I’ve been using one for my current seed run and i got pistils in less that a week after flip!

1 Like

i use products with gibberlin in them and my switches go very well, but its a little bit risky, can cause hermies i am told. But i wanted the far red just so they get more rest the added benefit of a shorter flower cycle is mindboggling.