Irene, Gary Payton, Legend OG, Triangle Kush, Bubba, Tahoe OG, HeadBand, DogWalker, Chem91 & Skywalker OG

I agree @Weednerd.Anthony looks killer! And like a true hb

3 Likes

Thanks sir

2 Likes

Day 56
Looking like fall in here :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf::wind_face:
Google Photos

Bloomington HeadBand 💆

Bubba Kush :coffee:

SKYwalker :dizzy:

TK :small_red_triangle::crocodile:

Day 55
Tahoe🏔️

Gary :basketball::fuelpump:

Legend :dagger::crown:

10 Likes

Think I like the look of that dogwalker best. Man your going to be smoking real good this summer ain’t ya. Skywalker is pretty too

2 Likes

Real Afghan look super frosty and sugar leaves. Kinda dank berry smell

Thanks :pray:t3: just wish I had a bigger SKYwalker for this run :grin:

Cool man I’m assuming it’s got Albert walker as a parent. What are you running next cycle?

1 Like

Yezzir Albert Walker and Chem 91, she’s a gem for sure!

Looking awesome @Sourpatch707

1 Like

Yeah AW x Chem , apparently there is DogWalker OG which is different too😁. This thread is delayed so next cycle is already going on over here:

Thanks sir :pray:t3:

1 Like

Got ya did your do si dos have insane colors? Mine is crazy looking right now as it fades, never grown a plant so pink in my life. I’ll scroll over to your other grow diary now and check it out. I’m actually running a tk s1 it’s half way done, hope it comes out good as yours. I hear nothing but good about it. I love gas skunk weed so I’m sure I’ll love it too. Smell is very good at week 5 kinda pine needle gassy. How’s it compared to say your ogs?

1 Like

beautiful garden !!! Nice work

1 Like

I don’t grow Dosi, closest thing I have is Gary Payton which is pretty different, but they both get the blueish black fade.

I have some TK S1s from CSI I plan to run soon. Hear good things, and a lot of people think that most of the other clone-only OG cuts are TK bagseed S1 or S2. CSI posted on IG that he dropped all the cuts after running bunch of the S1s he can find all the popular phenos.

That sounds right, I always get a pine from the true/pure og cuts, but the funky side is hard to fully describe but you know it once you experience. It’s my favorite strain for long time and I can describe it as pine, skunk, gas OG smell :rofl::evergreen_tree::fuelpump::skunk:

Thanks sir :pray:t3::grin::eagle::mountain_snow::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Day 59
Took some tester nugs from DW and TK. Took some photos out of tent​:camera_flash::iphone:

TK :crocodile::small_red_triangle:

DogWalker :dog::walking_man:

SKYwalker OG :dizzy:

4 Likes

Day 62

Last day to see everyone alive together. Chopping Legend :dagger::crown:& some of DogWalker :dog::walking_man:and Tahoe :mountain_snow: tops. Also taking another TK top to see how she is chopped @ day 63 :axe::evergreen_tree::fuelpump::skunk:

Google Photos
GP :basketball::fuelpump: top
Bubba bottom
TK to the left
SKY bottom right
Google Photos
HB​:innocent:💆 left side TK​:crocodile::small_red_triangle: middle ish
Google Photos
Mostly Chem91​:fuelpump: and DogWalker bottom purple one :purple_heart::dog:

Mostly HeadBand :innocent:💆with TK in background

8 Likes

Okay I didn’t know gary Payton was a cannabis strain lol. I was wondering what was up with that.To me I see Gary Payton I think of the Seattle supersonic point guard haha. I’m not from the west coast so never heard of it. Please enlighten me…why’s it called Gary Payton? Sounds sweet though.

2 Likes

The “Payton” line is listed on some Seed Banks - know that “Elev8” seeds has about 5-6 Payton strains FYI

1 Like

Lol :joy: it’s a Cookies brand cut of “Snowman x Y Lyfe” from Kenny “Powerzzzup” that was #20 in their pheno hunt so they named it after Gary. Cookies have a Gelato #25 " Barry Bonds" & #33 " Larry Bird" but those were unofficial. GP officially licensed so he is on the bags in shops :sunglasses::fuelpump::basketball:

Of course cookies has a press release if you want to read more :cookie::mega: :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Cookies doesn’t grow anything they give big growers the cuts + bags to supply the stores and their cuts leak out. Most Gary crosses have very similar look/color and some have the burnt rubber smell too. Makes sense because GP is super inbred.

1 Like

Got ya, I wonder how they get away with using there names. I’m assuming they have to pay something for name use. There’s no way you can use someone’s name without compensation.

1 Like

Day 70
Last day of 12/12 everything gets the chop :axe: :axe: :axe:

Google Photos
Chem91 :fuelpump::skunk:
Diesel smells I’m used to, but did not appreciate the high light level from LED. Top nugs are foxtails and don’t smell as good more herbal thing going on.

SKYwalker OG :dizzy:
Only a 1 gallon pot it is true OG Kush cut and definitely different smell and structure than the TK.

Bubba :coffee:
Very earthy, coffee type smells. Not getting the bubblegum side from Bubba I used to get 2005-2007ish.

Bloomington HeadBand
Interesting Sour D type smell with some Wasabi on top.

Triangle Kush :crocodile::small_red_triangle:
My favorite from the run. Real OG Kush smells and good yield after training.

Gary :basketball: :fuelpump:
Very good yield, awesome color and smell. Slight bleaching on the tips of the tops.

Tahoe :mountain_snow::evergreen_tree:
Cut most of the tops @ 9 weeks and let the middle nugs finish a bit more.

Irene :evergreen_tree::fuelpump::skunk:
Awesome smell, was a way too short to get good light. Stretched very little to nothing and veg was super slow.

8 Likes

Smoke report
In my favored order

#1 Triangle Kush :small_red_triangle::crocodile:
Expected this to be my favorite because OG has long been my go to since it was available and despite some minor misteps this run TK did not disappoint.

Smells/taste are aways hard to describe for true OG Kush smells, best I can describe is pine, gas, skunk ? :evergreen_tree::fuelpump::skunk:
Or OG Kush smells but more kushy :rofl::rofl:

Effect is soaring and super creative for playing basketball and coding. Very long lasting can be debilitating if you over do it. Very high ceiling and little tolerance build up. First jar gone for sure

#2 Chem 91 :fuelpump::dog:
Doesn’t need much intro, didn’t really like being so close to the light so probably could be better flavor but it’s got the earthy, ceder and gas that I’m used to.

Effects are where Chem91 shines. It’s great any time of day smoke and helped me make it with one plant of TK. Also has high ceiling so you can smoke more to get blasted, long lasting and very little build up.

#3 Gary Payton :basketball::fuelpump:
Flavor is main reason this one is #2 also some nostalgia because it was probably the best grown Cookies brand strains I tried besides Snowman which I haven’t seen cuts.:snowman_with_snow:

Smells/taste also hard to describe, but overwhelming smell is dank tire shop smell, with someone kind of sweet floral thing going on sorta like incense wood chest.

Effects are kinda OG heady but not as strong or creative as TK

#4 HeadBand :innocent:💆

Honestly really grew on me. Got a lot better smell and flavor transfer after a cure which was surprising for a gassy SD relative

Smells a lot like Sour D super skunk terps and some spicy wasabi on back end.

Effects are purely in the head. Good any time of the day. Kinda similar to Chem 91 but not as strong or long lasting. That’s the one defect it share with Sour D is shorter lasting and quicker tolerance.

#5 Legend Crinkle :dagger:
Ended up dropping this one first because it didn’t stretch enough and grew kinda crappy in my setup but the nugs really impressed for heavy evening smoke.

Smell / taste is definitely not OG Kush more like a Chem91 hybrid of some kind it’s sweeter with some gassy notes very good.

This one also shines on effects because it’s got the immediate head change behind the temples like og/chem/hb with an added body that really puts me out. Tolerance is not as good I need to switch it up or it’s not as effective.

#6 Irene :girl:t3:
Probably better to run with purples, or bubbas because she stretches event less than Bubba so didn’t get a good light. Would probably be #2 or #3 if I grew her properly with other shorties. :sunglasses:

Flavor / smell is super dank and complex with some notes of Legend, Bubba and OGK. Super strong smell and taste despite low quality nuggets.

Effect also surprisingly strong and heady. Outdoor would be easier since veg is so slow and stretch is non-existent

#7 DogWalker :dog:
Apparently there is DogWalker OG which is different and more Chem D dominant which I was expecting. Would be good for someone that like heavy indica dominant strains.

Smell/taste is a dank, deep berry, hashy smell and transfers pretty good.

Strong body effects and makes me tired. Not quite heady enough for my tastes.

#8 Tahoe :mountain_snow:
Doesn’t have the right OG smell, does remind me of Tahoe S1 I got from Cali Connection in 2010 but never flowered because the :pig: cut it down .

Smell/flavor is like piney cough drop. Doesn’t have the gassy pine I expect from OGK

Effect is pretty much hybrid meh. Sorta relaxing and heady but nothing to right home about for me.

#9 Bubba :coffee:
Not my favorite. What I got as Bubba 2005-2006ish was one of my favorites so must have been Sour Bubble or some other bubblegum x OG ?

Smell is hashy, coffee smell. Didn’t transfer well to the smoke.

Effect is meh, but but that might be because it was so far from the lights because it didn’t stretch.

4 Likes

Thanks for following along :grin::v:t3::evergreen_tree::mountain_snow::eagle:

You can find my current run @ week 7 stop by and say hi :wave:t3::fuelpump::evergreen_tree::skunk::crocodile::small_red_triangle::grapes::pie::scream:

2 Likes