Sour Kush Chronicles

CSI Humboldt seeds
3 x “Ajs” Sour Diesel x Triangle Kush
3 x “pre-2000s Sour diesel” x Triangle Kush
All six popped. Going in coco coir tomorrow morning.
This run is all about finding weed that reminds me of being a 2000s teenager smoking in the wash, random parking lots, houses under construction, the high school roof and many more great times.
We use to get headband, Sour, and OG all the time back then long before cookies was a thing. It was from California and 3 times the price of a bag of reggie but it was the best weed around and we would all throw in to get an eighth for the weekend. This Grow is about that type of weed, my favorite type of weed.

48 Likes

Sounds reminiscent of the good days.

Wish u luck

5 Likes

Good luck with your hunt man. For me in Ontario in the mid 90’s that weed would be northern lights. Such hazy memories of those years!

7 Likes

Very cool, hope you find exact what you are looking for ! Im down for the show .

4 Likes

This looks like a very nostalgic grow show, right up my alley. Pulling up a front row chair. Good luck with this hunt

4 Likes

I can relate! We smoked plenty of Reggie but when the “Dro”, Purp, or OG came along, everyone had to put up just to get a blunts worth. Which always ended up being more than enough! Good times lol

4 Likes

Got you on that! hope you’ll find some wayback phenos that will remind you your teenager best moments.

That’s funny I’m actually growing Sour Kush too, but they are ECSD x Pakistan Chitral Kush from Underground seed co :smiley: Another name clash! But that one is easy to make.

Have a good grow!

5 Likes

We must’ve had the same friend group :sweat_smile:

Best of luck on finding what you’re looking for! I’m gonna pull up a chair in the meantime. Gonna be some :fire::fire::fire: coming out of those packs!

5 Likes

Seeds have been sowed.
Coco washed with 1600ppm of cal mag at 6.0 ph.
Cut 50% with perlite.
Under 300 watt Spider Farmer bar style LED.
They’ll start on a half dose of nutrients and recharge tomorrow.
They’ll stay on that half dose of nutrients/recharge DAILY for about 2 weeks on 24 hours of light.
The nutrients will be ramped up from there and light will be reduced to 18 hours.
At 3 weeks, I’ll start training them.
At 4 weeks, Recharge will be reduced to weekly instead of daily.
We’ll flip to Flower once everything is trimmed and netted.

17 Likes

It’s the first CSI grow journal I’m not late to.

Awesome choice of seeds.

1 Like

I reuse my soil more than a few times…how does that recharge stuff work for you? Noticeable difference if you don’t use it?

2 Likes

I get insanely fast growth with the recharge in coco. I use it a lot in veg to get the plants big, fast. When I first started using it I noticed the plants looked healthier and were growing faster. Haven’t looked back since.

3 Likes

thats the type of weed i love also! used to have reserve privadas sour kush but they used a headband instead of the sour diesel. similar though but man i loved it

taggin in

2 Likes

Every seed has popped through the coco. They’re about 2in tall. They got their first feeding last night.
1ml Silica
5ml Micro
10ml Bloom
1/2 teaspoon Recharge
Light is at 50% power, ON for 24 hours.
Temp is 75 - 77
RH is 55 - 60

3 Likes

Aj Sour Kush and Pre2k Sour Kush.
The pre2k Sour kush are a little more vigorous.

9 Likes

Light has been turned to 18/6, at 80% power.
Nutes up to 3/8/16 silica, micro, bloom.
Was gone from the house for a few days, had a friend looking after plants. Came back to some light damaged leaves and some holes in leaves.
I started spraying some lost coast plant therapy.
Moved Light up a few inches.
Rough start but still going strong.
I have one aj sour x TK (not pictured) that is a runt. Still undecided if it’ll be culled.

14 Likes

Nice, was just thinking about these and :dash: you appear! Awesome

2 Likes

Absolutely reeking like Diesel gas today opening the tent. We’re only 3 weeks into Veg so that surprised me.
Some wide leaves coming off both Sour TK crosses. I’m assuming these will lean towards the TK side because Sour side would have a narrower leaf?
Did a little skirt lift and trim today at feeding. No signs of further pest damage. Nuking them with Lost Coast Plant therapy did the trick.

14 Likes

that center blade, especially on the right one, kinda resembles TK, but the rest of the leaf morphology doesn’t look anything like her :thinking: Think the left one is closer to her leaf pattern but kind of a weird mix there overall. The sour is running all over her it looks like. The TK only puts out 3s and 5s unless she’s pissed off and then she might put out a 6 leaf. Can’t say I’ve ever seen her throw 7s but she usually puts out offspring that throws out 7s so :man_shrugging: Do either have woody smelling stem rub? TK has a light wood type scent in her stem rub.

4 Likes

They smell like sour diesel on the stem rub. They’re giving out mostly gassy chemical/diesel smells. It’s sharp and pungent. My plants in the past usually have a little pine smell in Veg on the stem rub but these are much more pungent.

5 Likes