Birthday Cake & GLF Fun

So definitely had my experiences through the years with MH/HPS lighting and both soil/hydro grows, but then as living in a state that was not very conducive to growing, gave up the habit for years.

In the days between, I stumbled into a new hobby, salt water reef tanks and coral propagation…

Many similarities in these two hobbies…primarily the lights. MH is widely used to penetrate through the water to provide sunlight to the SPS or stony coral, helping them grow…and as the years progress, folks moved into T5 and now LED lighting…

This triggered the desire, now that I live in a kind state for growing, to start a little project…I wanted to try T5 and LED lights, as I had great success growing coral with both of those, in fact, quite better than I did with the big MH bulbs/rigs…

So here we go, newly legal in my state, small tent set up in the walk in closet.

Veg cycle will be 8 - T5 bulbs growing Birthday Cake and Gorilla Lemon Fire, both from CropKing…

I have a soil mix that I create and that will be the basis of this grow.

Hopefully we can keep a flow of pictures, please feel free to suggest anything along the way.

Happy to be home @ Overgrow - wooo, long time coming…

21 Likes

15 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how this goes for you!

3 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

16 Likes

is that an old nutrient deficiency on the bottom leaves or thrip nibbling? I don’t see any further up though.

3 Likes

Not entirely sure honestly. They have not progressed. Only showing on the one plant. The little spots occurred after a watering and when the lights were very close still. I assumed a burn of sorts, similar to my outdoor bonsai after watered and sun.

Definitely keeping my eyes peeled though!

Hopefully my mix is not lacking anything :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A better shot of the veg tent. Bday Cake up front / GLF in back

8 Likes

Flowering tent and lights arrived today. That will be my project for this evening. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 day picture update:

GLF:

Birthday Cake:

8 Likes

Ready for flower in several weeks.

Update to this — (T5’s have been cancelled for flower, going LED)*****

9 Likes

I have stumbled onto a pollen connect local to my area. Let the games begin.

:face_with_monocle: :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Picture update. Two little clones have joined the party.

9 Likes

Change of direction to LED now. Went Spider Farm sf4000. (@anon81143130 thank you for the advice) Gonna flip sometime this weekend. Bout to get exciting. Wooo

12 Likes

Oh you are going to enjoy that light. I would probably start a good 30" away and lower an inch or so every couple days. Looking really promising :ok_hand:

Do you have an exhaust fan ? I didn’t see one in the picks.

1 Like

there will be 3 total fans, two pumping cool air in, and one exhausting from the top through the vent there.

1 Like

The ladies were finally allowed to sleep this morning at 7AM. First 12 hours of darkness. :sleeping:

3 Likes

Hi. @anon90741032 welcome to OG your off to a great start !

Good equipment
Good genetics
Clean set up
Plants look happy and healthy

Thanks for sharing
I’ll pull up my recliner, pipe filled ,puff puff pass :dash::dash::dash::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Papalag!

4 Likes

Quick pic update

11 Likes