Is anyone near Vernon, CT?

I’m hoping to find a trusted OG member who is near Vernon, CT or will be heading that way soon. The reason is because I found a Harley part on FB Marketplace that I want to buy, but the seller wants me to send the money via Western Union or money order. Now he might be as honest as the day is long, but I don’t know him, and certainly don’t want to get ripped off. So if you’re near there or will be heading through that area, please let me know. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

3 Likes

That sounds like the number 1 think under Am I being scammed.

5 Likes

Exactly. Western Union is the preferred payment method of all Nigerian Princes and Kings! :laughing:

4 Likes

Tell him to send the Part C.O.D.!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

My neighbor is a major Harley head and he got screwed once by someone that insisted on Western Union or something similar

3 Likes

I’ve looked into that, @misterbee - but I don’t think he would agree to pay for shipping fees and handling fees up front. It would cost him a decent amount out of pocket without truly being guaranteed that he’ll get his money back. I could decide to not pay the COD charge, then he’d also be responsible for the cost of return shipping. I wouldn’t do it if I were him, so I won’t even bother to ask.

1 Like

Yeah - and it’s not just a Harley thing - it’s a scammer thing.

3 Likes

PayPal or no deal…low rent motherfucking scammer.

1 Like

what part are you looking for, bike show here in a bit

1 Like

I got ripped off on a paypal sale of a part I shipped it and the guy got his money back through paypal and he was able to steal my part without paying. I hate those deals I only do craigslist in person not shipping.

2 Likes

I’m always looking for parts for Heritage Springers. This particular part is a dash console and speedometer for a 98 Softail. The odometers on those speedometers are know to fail, and that’s what happened to mine.

Always get tracking. If your tracking number shows that it was delivered, PayPal will protect you.

2 Likes

I will look , I can ask around as well, 98 softail and heritage springer parts, Will let you know if anything comes up

1 Like

Thanks! Heritage Springers were made from 1997 to 2003, and I’d want to buy any accessories that you can find. Don’t bother with the 98 Softail parts because unless they also fit a Heritage Springer, I can’t use them.

1 Like

ok got it you never know with the show its usually decent, not sure with covid, but freedom riders said there having the show anyways

1 Like