Precious Metals

Any fellow silverbugs/goldbugs out here?

3 Likes

You talking hunting for it in the wilds or clicking on investment opportunities?

:peace:

2 Likes

Just seeing if anyone else collects it.

I’d love to go panning again, but it’s not known much around lower Michigan.

1 Like

I’ve done a bunch of panning… only flour gold. Hours and hours and I still don’t register .1 grams in a vial lol

2 Likes

We pan our two creeks some times, we have pulled a couple grams out.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the frustrating part about it haha. There’s tiny flakes everywhere but hard to accumulate.

Hell there’s gold dissolved in ocean water in tiny quantities.

1 Like

Lode’s somewhere upstream, keep looking!

2 Likes

I like to hunt coins, have a metal detector that gets a little use, and buy up some bullion when I have a little extra cash on hand. sock it all away for a rainy day

1 Like

We keep hoping to find the mother load​:rofl::joy:

1 Like

I like bullion. On a long enough timeline, it is guaranteed to at least hold value, and never be worth nothing. I suspect uncertain global economic times in the near future, especially for the US dollar.

3 Likes

yeah, I look at silver and gold as a savings acct. pile it up and forget about it until (if ever) its needed.

1 Like

I started collecting some silver and gold eagles a couple years back. Was going to buy some when it was $1600 but thought it was too high, and wanted to wait until it dipped below $1600 again. Well now it’s over $2,000!

Story of my life. Never really know when to buy or sell!

3 Likes

Been watching gold spot price for a decade and a half or so, never put any money in. Price is ridiculous right now.
Silver price is ridiculous right now too.

2 Likes

Me too. I consider it a long-term very inconvenient savings account to cash in, but is secure against inflation. If the price hits an obscene high, yeah, I’ll sell.

3 Likes

I think it will be much higher soon. Watching that long and not a single oz (of the metal)?

Buy what you can afford to lose. It’ll eventually be worth it. Maybe tomorrow, maybe 10 years.

3 Likes

Eagles are nuts right now, sky high premiums.

2 Likes

Yeah, when I bought a few, I waited until they ran a nice discount on the premium, and bought random years. Didn’t care about the year. For me an ounce is an ounce!

1 Like

There’s a few things I’ll pay a small premium for, but yeah the bulk of it is pure investment.

2 Likes

We mine for placer gold as a hobby on our place . Winter and spring when the seasonal creeks run . And run metal detectors once in awhile .

2 Likes

How have you done so far? Anything interesting?

1 Like