Is it too LATE to train/top?..

You’re fine for space in my opinion mate, id give it a bit more veg time and do some low stress training then flip once you fill some of that remaining space. They will grow upwards (tie em down if one gets too high above the others) but you got the height to handle it. A general rule of thumb is double or tripple the height once you flip unless you have sativas.

If you look at larrys first pic his is bordering on 80% filled (scrog net helps loads if you can still water) id aim for around there.

You can always remove a plant if it gets too crowded. How i tell if mine is too crowded is i look at the leafs touching one another and if moisture remains then its too dense.

5 Likes

I just noticed that the pic doesn’t have ALL the plants in there🙄 I take them out and water them in my room, right outside the tent, under this 3 headed clip on LED that’s 75w… I will probably have to start watering them inside the tent soon though, with them getting bigger.

Here’s another pic with ALL the girls inside:

5 Likes

I topped a few of the smaller ones, supercropped 2 of the big ones, did LST with 2 others, and one I left alone. Lol, I’ll see what my outcomes are.

2 Likes

I let my plants get too tall as well. I’m about to chop the main stem down a few nodes, to where the side branches form a more or less even canopy. I’m trying to chop 6-8” of height and let the lower branches get thicker before flipping them. I’ve already wasted too much time to start a true manifold or mainline with mine, but that’s the same drastic pruning that helps maintain a height and make a more even canopy.

5 Likes

Fashoo… I forgot to mention that I also semi-defoliated the bottom levels, pulling off the fan leaves that weren’t growing anymore.

Glad to hear I’m not the only person to do it this late in the stage. Thanks✊🏾

4 Likes

Yea, I’m On 8th or 9th week too and already half the height of my tent, so I need to have it finish not too much taller than they are now.

3 Likes

Yeah when mine got big I was watering like that.
Personally I still think you are fine to flip to 12/12 in a week or two. You still got the height to handle them, nice big fan and if I’m seeing correctly a dehuey? Controlling their environment is key after all. This sounds like your first grow and you will learn a huge amount by just paying attention, at the end of it you will either be going I should have waited longer or I shouldn’t have waited longer so the next round you’ll have formulated your own opinion which is all this is, you can get away with a lot. Personally I’m doing a SOG with autos and they each get about 4 inches of room this round… By week 3 they are already getting into each others personal space hehehehe. (I’m not advising do what I do just an example. The denser it is the more likely you will get mould where the buds touch of you don’t keep up a good airflow)

Others you will see their plants not touch the sides at all and that’s personal preference again

3 Likes

I think you should flip them just now - you’ll be surprised at how much they will fill in and stretch. Are they all in the pots you’re gonna flower them in ? If so then flip them soon bro .( jmo.)
Good luck with the flowering.!
Any questions, just ask and you’ll find that lots of members here will help you.!!
Happy growing mate
Gaz

3 Likes

It’s actually a humidy lol… I hope i won’t be needIng it soon tho, it’s usually 40%-50% humid in my room/closet for some wonderful reason🤟🏾

1 Like

What would i do with the smaller ones though? Only 6 outta 8 are really thriving…I do have a second smaller tent, i guess?..

1 Like

I just noticed, your fabric bags are only 1/2-2/3 full. It’s likely too late now, but fill them all the way next time, and plant directly in or use bags for your final transplant.

2 Likes

Things would be flowering outdoors by now. Id just bend the top or any branches and tie it over. Cuttting the top now will just give youless yield likely.
If you’re just gonna run em indoor ya’ll can shape it how ya like. the scrog looks on point in @Larry3215’s post.
good luck

1 Like

Yeaa, I said that to myself like 2 weeks ago🤦🏾‍♂️ Next time I’ll def put in more👍🏾

1 Like

Yeaa, I’ll probably have to do that😑

1 Like

flipping them now or in a week or so sounds about right. I would flip, let them stretch, then trim out all the undergrowth.

All the best.

2 Likes

I just trained a majority of them for the first time a couple days ago, so I’ll wait till they’ve healed/grown a little more… plus, I have 1 that’s taking its sweet time and another that’s barely started to catch up to the rest. I either need to stall till they are all ready, or think about busting out my 1st smaller tent…

…because the soil is so low, is it possible that it’s already or almost root bound?? If so, I’ll flip them this week…also, does putting low soil ensure that the plants won’t get so tall?..

Not necessarily to all the above. Fabric pots kind of lessen the root binding issue, big plants can still be grown in very little soil if you know what your doing (check out the COVID solo cup challenge, seriously nice plants in 16oz cups). It will just need to be watered and fed more often. It’s a pain, but better than trying to pull them out now, you can burry the whole or just the bottom of the bag in another container and the roots will grow right through the fabric. Just a pain to clean up after.

1 Like

@Newblowskii your doing great.Always training and pruning to do for an even lush canopy… Do not worry about the one taking its sweet time.Flip to flower and let them go.I am in the process of taking cuttings from a Rugburn OG and 2 Sour Tangi.As soon as the cuttings root,they will go in 1gal fabric pots and straight into flower.My goal is to eventually have cuttings going in the room every week for a perpetual harvest.So each week i will have new clones going in and plants to harvest.

2 Likes

I supercropped a couple a few days ago though, shouldn’t i let them heal for a week or so?.. they’re already starting to heal back up, so i’m sure I’ll be switching all of them by the time October rolls up on us… thanks for inputting, appreciated!!:+1:t5:

1 Like