Jacks 321 in Canada

Soooo I’m no longer going to be able to list smaller bulk portions of Jacks products on my site as they found out that I was breaking down the bigger bags into 1, 2.5 and 5kg portions and contacted my one of my suppliers to cut me off from selling Jack’s if I continue to sell the “bulk” portions from my site. The reason I sold the bulk ones as the retail 1kg’s are rarely available for me to buy from my suppliers.

This was actually my fault as the product info like the label is not available on their site so I asked if there had pdf versions that I can download or send to my customers.

I’m not blaming them as they can do with their company and products as they wish.

Stay tuned as I find another solution :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Well that’s just not fair… you are helping lots of people by doing this as a favor. I personally appreciated your efforts & willingness to help.

I truly hope the best for you in the future :+1:

I’m officially out of likes again, but this message is approved :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I’ll talk to my supplier about the 1kg retail containers but sometimes it falls on def ears trying to get them to bring in product that so many people use but are not regular hydro retail as there’s not much profit in it vs liquid foods. Also there’s no options for anything in between 1 and 11kg bags.

6 Likes

Ok just got a confirmation from my supplier that they have the 1kg retail in stock BUT that means the price is going to double from the bulk 1kg versions :frowning:

If people do want to save $$ over the retail bags just contact me here about the bulk versions. I’ll figure it out next week how to keep selling them.

If I can I might throw in free Calcium Nitrate with each 1kg 5-12-26

12 Likes

Damn @AquaTerra you got the best customer service around. Thanks for looking out for us.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of brands that list 5-11-26 formulas. Some minor differences, but they’re pretty close.

5 Likes

What if you just called it “Aquaterra 321” instead of “Jack’s 321” or would they still cut you off if rebranded?

Well Jacks usage there’s lots of info online on forums so its nice to have that. I do sell MegaCrop 5-12-26 and its pretty good too but having a hard time selling it, the 1 part sold way faster than the 2 part.

I do like Jacks the company as I’ve had descent answers from them when ever I emailed them. Like I said they can do as they wish as its their product but with the way the Canadian hydro store market is I got to do what I go to do lol

6 Likes

Ah yes I see your dilemma. Jacks is definitely the most identifiable brand, so that’s what people will want. I’ve used Peter’s 5-11-26 and Southern Ag 5-11-26. There’s also MasterBlend 5-11-26. I’m not a big fan of the Southern Ag, but only because it seems more hygroscopic and sticks to itself. Also the provide copper using copper chloride… which makes everything blue. :joy:

3 Likes

i got a 25 lb bag from you thinking it would last a year… after doing the first couple feeds the actual bag is going to last me 10 years at least,. why would they have an issue with you moving their product at all even if you wanted to sell zip lock bags of it. your still doing them the favor . makes me wish i went with athena instead if thats how their gonna be

1 Like

I’d still go with Jacks over something made for hydro retail that’s over priced salts in water lol I’m not taking it personal as I can work around it and I sell lots of Jacks online and its keeping the store afloat, not so much locally. The border closures here collapsed the weed market so getting people to switch over to powders is hard when weed is like $400-800/lb IF you can find someone to take it.

3 Likes

Hey @AquaTerra , I am looking to switch from GH trio and explore new options for coco. What do you reccomended?

4 Likes

That depends, if you’re doing good with GH stick with it unless you can deal with a learning curve for a couple of crops with powders. Only powders that I know that local customers use in coco is Plant Prod MJ other wise usual options are Canna Coco A+B which you cant go wrong with.

If I had the money to invest I’d talk to Plant Prod and get their MJ line into smaller bags like 10kg or 5kg sizes and bring it to the masses and not just support larger growers like Miucros/LP but that means getting it CFIA certified for each bag size. That’s the line that I have some local customers us in both coco and ProMix and seen their product and its nice. It also Canadian made and easy to get wholesale.

4 Likes

Ok thanks. I was looking at cana coco a and b. Much appreciated

2 Likes

ya thats nuts. what do you say the quality is of the weed going for that price range ? im sure quad plus still gets around 12-1500 an lb ?

1 Like

Another 5-12-26 that’s out there. No experience. Only recently aware of the brand. (Seems very similar to jacks.)

2 Likes

Quads can be had for $900-1200 if you get the grower on a good day. Anything from $600-800 99% of smokers will thinks its good weed.

Interesting how the lock down has shown how much smaller the domestic market is vs export. Should also be a big reality check for legal growers.

4 Likes

yep i know many “legal” growers who gave up because after hydro ferts water and time they dont make as much back after :“donating” to friends family and aquaintences. in manitoba the 7-800 range is decent AAA quality,but usually rush dried

1 Like

Canna is really good. If you don’t want powder and want to change it up, I highly recommend.

1 Like

The reason I would suggest Canna is they keep their products the same and they don’t have 20 bottles to sell you if you want to be a master grower. Unfortunately the hydro retail industry is like the work out supplement industry. Tons of vague claims, fancy labels and lots of magic salts.

I remember some years ago a customer bought AN 24L bottles and the bill came out for $5K+ for one crop lol

4 Likes