James' Money-Pit Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Octopot!

Looks great. I typically ignore any sort of leaf mutations or discoloration this early on. Plants grow out of it. Especially when everything is dialed in. I’m pretty lazy and live by K.I.S.S. :beers:

3 Likes

Thanks bud! Nice to have a little reassurance.

2 Likes

Here’s something you never heard in ganja grows of the day:
My internet is down and cant control my grow room!

I think my router went down again, Ugh…
Just replaced months ago.

Funnily enough, I had just made some changes messing around with things. Light, fans speed, humidifier, etc. When the internet went out, all those “bad settings” were programmed in.

Had to make the changes on the Controller 69 itself. Not an easy task, but at least I was able to do it.

So, no in-tent cam photos today…

I’ll hopefully get some photos up tonight while trying to figure out my internet situation.

1 Like

Oof! Controller 69 pro? There is a way to enable Bluetooth on the controller so you can at least pair it to the app to make setting changes. Had to do that recently when wifi just randomly stopped working on my controller one day. Then learned how to get that functionality back after checking that my router and other devices still had internet access.

Do have things automated via the controller/app?

I’m an IT pro, so I can try to help with basic network troubleshooting. If you’ve done all this stuff below (probably have if you’ve already called your isp for troubleshooting), then try the Bluetooth pairing option.

If it’s a total LAN outage, unplug your modem and router (if separate) from power. Wait at least 30 secs, then power up your modem first. Leave the router powered off. Do all the signal lights eventually come on and stabilize? If yes, then power up your router next. Thats fixed weird outage for me more than I’d like to admit. If only a couple lights on your modem come on, and 1 or 2 others don’t. Or are just slow blinking… good sign there is a service signal issue downstream (towards the pole or connection outside), and typically requires ISP intervention.

If none of that works, then it sounds like an ISP outage. Report it if you haven’t already!

69 Pro, Thats the one!

Fucking Arris SBG8300. First one took a total dump after barely 3 years, Replace only a few months ago with same. It crashed once already and lost everything. If I have to reset again, I think Im just gonna rent one from Cox. Done trying to “save money”: with my own equipment. I always seem to get fucked and trouble shooting constantly.

I’ll see what happens tonight. If I pair the Bluetooth, do I lose my settings? I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

I posted a new thread on this, but wanted to mention it here as well…

AC Infinity is giving free Gen2 S6 fans to anyone who purchased. Doesnt matter if two weeks or two years ago.

Im getting all 4 of mine replaced for free, dont even have to pay for shipping. Pretty stand-up of them, I’d say.
You even get to keep your old fans… In my case, thats 3 “clickers” and one newer “yet to click” fan :rofl:

Here’s OG link:

2 Likes

The arris sounds like an ‘all in one’ device. Checked for firmware updates recently? Ha…

I’m actually not sure where the settings are stored (app vs device). I’m curious if you bluetooth pair the controller, if it’ll sync the ‘good’ settings if they’re still set up in the app.

When I paired, I didn’t lose any settings. But I also didn’t have dissimilar settings between the app and device.

Lol wow. I’m gonna go and check this out now. I like free stuff… :laughing:

Free Stuff Goooood… Clicking fans Baaaad

1 Like

5 Likes

We’ve got roots! Skywalker OG is showing in the reservoir

I’ll let it ride for tonight and see how Blue Dream is tomorrow. Maybe introduce some nutrients at a low level this weekend.

1 Like

TGIFF In-tent cams…

Girls are looking good, I think

Still confused as to when officially out of seedling and into vegetative stage.
Is it when at least 3 sets of “real” leaves show and grow out? A “real” leaf is at least 3 points, not just the single serrated leaf, Im guessing?

2 Likes

Set up action to remind to do nutrients.

Here we are, day 22 from seed.
Seems like the girls are coming along really well, so far.
Both have 4 solid Nodes, and 5th node starting on Blue Dream.

It seems to be a huge grey area (Transition from Seedling to Vegetation), but I’m calling tomorrow Sunday 2/18/24 - day one of Vegetation stage for both Skywalker OG and Blue Dream.

Both girls lookng Oh so fine…

Peeking in on Blue Dream…

Blue Dream root finally made it down to cup. Should hit water tomorrow…

Tomorrow I will do a half strength Athena feeding with a gallon added to each reservoir and see how that goes.

I think once they both have 5 solid nodes, I’ll look into topping.

2 Likes

Hey Guys, happy Sunday! Or as I’m calling it…
DAY ONE of VEG.
DAY 23 FROM SEED.

Did watering this morning with nutrients added for the first time. Nutrients are Athena Blended at half strength, plus Stack at half. That’s being further diluted by the roughly 1 gallon of water that was still in the reservoirs. Water PH at 6.2

Bumping supplemental light bars up to level 4. Main light is still at level 3. Pushing out around 325 PPFD . See how that works for a day or two and then push further into veg appropriate PPFD

Just peeked under Blue Dreams hood, and I see two or three roots that hit or are reaching for the water.

Skywalker OG still has the one main roots and I do see a few other faint roots starting to come through

Decided to treat myself and Stan for a walk around Summerlin and lunch at Shake Shack. Definitely a step down from Five Guys or Smashburger in my opinion.

As of yesterday evening , I’m Running the programming for the main exhaust fan and humidifier under VPD setting.

Target for VPD at this time is 0.8kPa

These two are going to start making me anxious very soon

4 Likes

Happy Monday! And if you’re off today enjoying President’s Day, it is a happy Monday! I’m writing this post from work, LOL.

So, here we are day 24 from germination.
Blue Dream got the one day head start to seedling and has been the bigger plant so far.
Looking for a little help or input with Blue Dream. She’s looking good, but leaves are just saggy, Been that way for several days, She never reaches for the sky like sister Skywalker OG

This is a photo taken this morning before heading out to work. Both plants nice and green.

See below… Blue Dream’s layin, Skywalker’s prayin.

Droopy leaves can be a sign of over watering… Maybe the shorter bag and lower fill is keeping things a bit moist? Maybe she’ll grow thru it as needs increase? Just random semi-educated guessing…

Other than that, both plants look pretty good. I introduced light nutrients yesterday.

2 Likes

Decided to raise VPD just a tad. That should lower RH as well. Might just be a bit too moist in the tent for Blue Dream’s liking. We’ll see

1 Like

Hey guys! Here’s day 25 from seed

Skywalker OG is looking awesome. Blue Dream still saggy…

4 Likes

Totally off topic from my Blue Dream drama…

If I decide to do a foliar spray with Epsom salt, what ratio and how often?
I think @Papalag had mentioned spraying with Epsom salt once. Never done it, and dont want to screw it up.

1 Like

Maybe this is the way Blue Dream hangs…
Looking at all the photos in the growlog, the leaves have been “not so lively” through their short life.

Skywalker got the slower start, but her leaves have been at level or higher the entire time. Blue Dream has been at or slightly below level for the most-part.

Everything else seems to point towards healthy growth.

Im still quietly freaking out :crazy_face:

1 Like