James' Money-Pit Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Octopot!

3 Likes

TnT just starting

Tnt almost done

Don’t think I’m going to Trellis them today. I’ll let them rest the day, and hit them tomorrow with that. Going to have to lift Blue Dream for sure if she stands a chance of being competitive…

As far as this trimming goes, not taking any more stems or leaves. Took quite a few from Skywalker and I don’t think she’s going to have a problem with that at all.
Blue Dream is definitely weak and lots of small yellow leaves that may or may not mature

Yellow leaves

2 Likes

Adjusting lights and raising Blue Dream onto platform of plastic shoe boxes.

Almost Even-Steven… Almost.

Skywalkers Netheryaya

Blue Dream…

Something different…

My first go at some minor last-minute super cropping

3 Likes

Happy Sunday!
Another training day for Skywalker OG Kush

Girls are looking almost Even-Steven now

Saturday training including moderately heavy defoliation and branch removal didn’t seem to bother Skywalker or Blue Dream too much.
When I get home this afternoon, going to mix up some more nutrients. Skywalker is definitely needin a feedin!

Thats two days super cropping Skywalker :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Blue Dream’s roots Day 58 from seed

Skywalkers roots

3 Likes

Straight from Grow Light Science…

PPFD Levels

2’ x 4’ Reflective Wall Area
Mounting Height = 20"
Average PPFD = 1,038 umol/m2/s

I’m set at 17" distance. Light at level 10 for a while just to set in. Light on all day at level 7.

17" from bottom of lamp to bottom of Gorilla CFM Kit front and rear bars.

All my measurements taken with Uni-T and PPFD app. 2x4 Tent completely zipped and closed aside from center zipper open just enough to fit my arm thru to position Uni-T sensor to obtain readings all over the tent.

So, I’m getting only 800+ at 17" Distance to canopy. At the outer sides, it goes down to 600ish and in corners it maintains 500+. This is NOT enough to push these plants the way I want.

No Way this lamp is putting out 1060 ppfd at 20" - Best Im getting at 17" is 800 ppfd.
Unless something is fucked on my end…Really need to get to bottom of this.
320PARMAP2X4AT24IN_69889233-1e2e-47e8-b93d-a52725653658_600x600

I noticed this on my last grow as well. Never had the chance to test out the current draw after last grow. Will for sure after this grow is done.

Next grow for sure going back to my HLG350R. Its a fucking animal.

If current draw is low, that could explain it. I believe GLS’s Par map for coverage, but it doesnt even happen unless its at thier stated 20" hang height. Im at 17" and its not on par (no pun intended :beers: )
If this lamp were hung at 20", in its current condition in my tent it would only put out max 600-700 PPFD, I believe.
2x4 tent is currently set up in the photos shown, I’m at level 10 on lamp & max PPFD I’m pulling is just barely over 800 in the center and just off center, then tapers to 600 ish to the very sides and just over 500 in the corners.
Not terrible, but not the numbers I’m looking for and if I lower the lamp or let the plant grow in to it, I’ll never get the power I paid for.
Def testing after this run and putting the HLG back in service. May be reaching out to Grow Light Science.

Mixed 10 gallons of RO water with Athena Blended full-strength Vegetation formula (in this 2nd week of flower)
Fed 5 gallons to them today and have 5 more mixed and ph’d at 6.1. Its good in that state for one week, per Athena.

Also gave them a “Fooping” earlier this morning.
Light is now officially set to level 10 at 17" distance. They are getting some decent light for this phase of flower, and with the supplemental lighting are getting the lower stuff decently as well.

Based on what this Grow Light Science light is doing, I think I’m going to test my HLG350R and see what it’s putting out, just to be sure I don’t have a problem here at the house.

4 Likes

Happy Monday :roll_eyes:
Here’s out the effendor Pic…

Popped the tent open for just a moment around 7:00 a.m., they’ll wake up at 9:00 a.m.

Wake up, girls…

There they are!

1 Like

Daily in-tent cam shots…

Blue Dream

Skywalker

Current in-tent stats.

I expect it will get a bit warmer. But low to mid 70s is cool. RH right around 60%. I’ll lower that as the weeks progress.

ProGrow 320 is at level 10. 800 ppfd to canopy,with supp lights filling in the lower stuff for now.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Nice grow setup!

1 Like

Thanks Nug!
Thankfully, I had enough dough to dive in with decent equipment. Without automation, I dont know where I’d be in my grows.

1 Like

Good morning, this Day 60 from seed!

Blue Dream doing her thing

Skywalker OG

Sky cam - makes things look yellower than they are. But yeah, Blue Dream still yellow in places. Not sure about that stuff on top…

2 Likes

Some photos from last nights action…

Filled up both reserviors to full mark. Got just a lil bit o nuted water left.

Decided to use the stretchy net I had instead of the jig I made. Easier to install right now.

This last photo showcases my main Gorilla Shorty challenge…
Limited headroom. We already knew that. But my laziness coupled with an unforgiving tent could spell trouble.
I"ve…got… a plan (he said in his best Cap’n Kirk Voice). Weekend project coming up.

2 Likes

Thursdays in-tent cam shots

Need to do Athena Stack foliar today.
After work tonight, maybe send them off to bed with a spraying…

3 Likes

So, I had my AC Infinity T3 Humidifier in service for a short time during this grow.
I was hesitant to use it due to it being one of the pre-order T3s. Read about problems, but decided to finally use it. All was good while in this 2x4.
Moved to my 2x2 LSD grow Friday after work, and same day everything went wrong. Fluid loss, reading as an AC unit, etc.
Long story, short… Sent message to them last Friday evening. They are closed weekends. New V2 Humidifier is on UPS truck to be delivered today.

Said it before, but gotta reiterate… AC Infinity has been a super stand-up company.
Hopefully their products will start to last, lol.
Its nice that they stand behind product, but I’d rather not have to deal with them after the sale. Fans look like built-up winners. They should last with regular use and abuse.

2 Likes

Hey guys…
So I did a bunch tonight. Ended up putting the HLG350R Diablo back in the tent. It’s gonna kill it…

GLS ProGrow320 shows around 328 at the wall. Higher than advertised.

HLG350 shows 345. Higher than advertised.

My first grow light :beers:

light at almost 20"

Almost 20" in open air and hitting impressive numbers!

Optical illusion…
The bottom of HLG lamp is about an inch higher than the ProGrow 320.
The Progrow could barely hit 700ppfd.
At this point I would say the driver is the culprit. Its getting the power it needs, just not putting it out.

Whole lotta space up there

5 Likes

Happy Friday! Day 63 from seed. Day13 of Flower.
Here’s in-tent photos…

HLG350R is kicking ass as it should be. Had it at level 8, but just bumped it up to 9…
Should be around 900ppfd

3 Likes

So plan with feeding for this weekend is switch to 50/50 Grow/Bloom nutrients. Sunday is day 1 of week 3 Flower.
Theyre at full-strength with no signs of toxicity, and will mix 50/50 at Half full-strength for both Grow/Bloom and status quo on other batch ingredients.
Will be introducing PK in this feeding @ 4mL per gallon as well. I believe thats Athenas “Bloom Booster”.

Total ppm should be somewhere around 1050/1250 when mixed.

Will go straight up Bloom schedule from there on.

2 Likes

A little bit of real light and ppfd turned these two ladies into heavy drinkers! They’ll fit right into Las Vegas :rofl:

HLG350 is at level 9 of 10.
20" height.
Here’s what she’s pulling…

Around the center… Wow!

Buried in a rear corner… Holy Shit.

I really do love that lamp. I don’t know why HLG have it marketed to 3x5 tents. It’s seriously one of the best 2x4 lights out there.

2 Likes

Looking good!

Not sure if you compared but I saw a change with PPFD measurements in my tents with door open vs closed.

2 Likes