James' Money-Pit Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Octopot!

Whats the turbo method to water?

Humidifier in-tent action photos

2 Likes

You going to top up the soil levels ?

She’s not following anything , just doing her thing , I would leave alone
: )
Spin the fabric pot if your ocd needs to but don’t twist the plant stem

They happy happy : )

1 Like

I couldnt really explain it. Ive only started from cutting, and now from seed in Octopot. Have yet to use any other method. Im sure if you search, It’ll come up.

I could always put a bit more Coco-loco on top if things stay too wet. Did it on my first grow to one of the plants that had been a bit under-filled with soil.

Thats what Ive been doing, would never twist the stem. After I spin the fabric sleeve just a bit, she turns within a day to counter. So I am not twisting the stem, per se… The plant is twisting the other way (within a day or two) as I spin the pot.

She really seems to want to orient herself to something…

1 Like

Straight Roots are so easy to plant @supersecretjim.
I’m adding @Budderton & @Tlander’z “Hot Water” routine to my Float, gonna be near 100% success when it comes to seed popping

7 Likes

Hey guys!

Moved the rotating plants back to center.
Lets see if the move sticks, or no…

In the photo above, Blue Dream is way off “level”. Skywalker as well, but the other direction…
In the photo below, Ive corrected their “creeping”. Lets see what happens…

Both girls growing just a bit more. Do I measure height at the top of leaf, or top of stem?
Difficult to know difference… growing vs stretching.

Here’s some PPFD/Lighting numbers. I switched lighting to level 3 late last night. Thought girls were getting big enough to take mid-high PPFD.

Skywalker OG Kush PPFD at lamp level 3

Blue Dream PPFD. Taller plant, but lower numbers. Plant is in shorter pot with lower soil level.

Temp holding 76-78 most of the day. RH at 68 thanks to the ACI T3
Running exhaust in auto mode to come on at preset Temp & RH conditions.
Humidifier set to come on if RH drops below 68%. Not using Controller 69 buffers at this time.

Close-up of Skywalker OG Kush

And here’s Blue Dream

If anything looks like it needs work, let me know. All seems good now. May see roots this weekend? Probably not. I think the leaves look kinda splotchy, but not bad.

4 Likes

Is that 1400 par level at the seedling???

God no! lol
Supersecretjims “turbo method” to send seedlings straight to the grave :rofl: Set it, and forget it!

I havent finished the post. Youre too fast my man! Give me a few minutes. The app converts those numbers from the Uni-T.

1 Like

I was wondering why they weren’t burnt to a crisp

:rofl: :joy: :beers: I did turn the lamp up last night at 11pm just before midnight bedtime. Been on level 3 all day since 6am. They seem to be taking it in stride…

I tried to include a couple of decent close up shots to show condition of leaves. A bit slpotchy looking, but maybe its just me. Not misting or anything, just humidifier since last night as well.

1 Like

Hey guys! Happy Saturday!
Not much going on this morning. Girls are looking good. Decided to take a little time and refresh my Boveda packs before heading out with Stanlee, so he can go associate with random furry-friends🍻

Went through my inventory and I’m getting a little anxious. Down to less than half a pound and this current grow won’t Harvest until mid to late June. I’m going to have to slow the hell down, LOL. I’m just burning through weed lately.

Refreshing Boveda packs is fairly easy…

Little bit of water in a tall pan or container. Then I put a small bowl in the center with about an inch or so of water in the pan.

Then I put another Bowl on top of the lower bowl to hold the dried out Boveda packs

Seal it!

Usually after a week or so, the packs are fully refreshed. Doesn’t matter if you use tap water, RO or distilled, you get the same results. And because it’s the water vapor being absorbed, minerals are not part of the equation. Or so I believe.

I’ve been refreshing these packs for 2 years. I’ve got the 8th size, 1 oz size and 1 lb size.

2 Likes

Nice setup to rehydrate the packs. I noticed some undesirable flavor impacts keeping the moisture packs WITH the weed (same jar/bag). Not sure if you have noticed that maybe it’s just me.

Anyway, I use humidity packs, outside the Grove bags. Then they get sealed in another container. The Grove bags are moisture permeable and seem fantastic for some other reason I can’t quantify.

I use small ones (I think they are 1/4oz size) for day-to-day smoke stash, in a sealing Tupperware container with a humidity pack to keep the general “exterior” of the Grove bags optimized. It’s easy to get buds out to smoke.

I have a big igloo cooler full of the cheap vacuum quilt bags. The medium size fits 3-4 QP Grove bags, with a humidity pack and a few oxygen absorbers. That’s the main stash. I have a moderate-term access one that gets opened whenever I need to refresh the smoke stash, the others I have staggered so they get minimally opened over the course of the next year (before the fall '24 outdoor harvest refills the cooler). I probably put too much thought into it but the results even long term (~1.5 years now for some of it) have been really good. Just throwing it out there.

Plants look good I’m quite curious to watch along and see how the roots make it down to feed.

1 Like

Doing a little cleaning up around the house today and decided to finish grommeting the other two rain science 7 gallon Autoflower grow bags

1 Like

Happy Monday!
Day 12 & 13 for Skywalker OGK and Blue Dream.

Still no roots to reservoir as of last night, but its only been just over two weeks since germination. Hopefully see some roots by this next weekend. Last grow from cutting took 2-3 weeks to show roots, so I’m not worried, yet.

Looking at my lil spinner… Blue Dream. She’s still on the move. Rotating clockwise again. Its definitely happening…
Skywalker Kush is rotating slightly counter-clockwise.

Whats up with that!?

Just a few days ago, both girls were set straight.

Shot of Skywalker OG Kush taken this morning on my way out

Blue Dream

5 Likes

I honestly cant tell for sure, but I keep them in there for peace of mind. Ive heard many reports about impact to terpenes, etc. Small price to pay for “fresh” weed, I guess.
I was thinking about getting a large CVault or some other air-tight container to store the grove bags, then put grove bags in there with Boveda. Kinda like what youre saying. Also looking to store everything in a frost free fridge. Just need to work out the space considerations.

Nothing wrong with over-thinking things every once in a while! I like what youre doing there.

Thanks for the good words!

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Today’s in-tent cam shots…

3 Likes

What do you guys think? This is Skywalker OGK. Looks almost like paint peel. Otherwise, she looks like she’s doing fine. She sprouted the day after Blue Dream and is supposed to be a shorter plant as well. Just kind of worried about the “paint peel” and what might be causing that. Too much light?

Looks like theres a whole area around there that has something going on. Probably not a big deal, just not sure what it is.

Realized today at 6:30am that I had forgotten to turn grow light back to schedule after doing last nights maintenance, and still set to “ON”. Oh well, lol. Just keep them on today per the schedule and make sure off at midnight. I did lower level from 3 to 2, just to keep the DLI down a bit. The girls can rest tonight from their 42 hour on-cycle. :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Looks great. I typically ignore any sort of leaf mutations or discoloration this early on. Plants grow out of it. Especially when everything is dialed in. I’m pretty lazy and live by K.I.S.S. :beers:

3 Likes