Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 4)

They made them to last back then. Then they figured out how much green they were missing out on by treating their customers right. The rest is the history of disposable crap equipment. tools…

2 Likes

‘Planned Obsolescence’ is a term coined in the 60s, to ‘help’ keep the economy going…

2 Likes

True words.

2 Likes

In '79-'80 I had cause to be doing some interior work at a Shell refinery in Texas, they had us use the crew locker room. There was a corkboard on the wall with results of a contest for the best improvement on motors for gas efficiency. The winner had came up with a modification on carburetors that gave folks over 200 MPG!
Of course, since it was developed on company time, it was ‘company property’… patented & buried fast!
Can you imagine what that’d do to the gas industries profits?!

BTW that was on an old/big V-8! Used in the development lol

4 Likes

I’m not a doubter. lol
When I was in college I met two brothers that were both training in the Mechanical Engineering department. The oldest brother developed such a carb. It was said to deliver 70+ mpg on the 350 GMC they designed it for. He retired comfortably off of what the industry paid him for the patent just to keep it out of the market.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m sure most companies involved in the automotive industry, in one form or the other, have all done similar things. just to bury the product!
Most especially if it hurts their bottom line. lol

3 Likes

Imagine if this country began producing quality products at an affordable price. We’d put China and all the others out of business pdq. lol

4 Likes

Memorial Day is here folks!
I’d like to suggest that we all take a moment to remember and honor
all the brave people that paid the ultimate price, laying down their
lives for this nation, the United States of America!

11 Likes

Good Night OG!

3 Likes

Good morning OG!

Enjoy your Monday if you’re off…if not, hate it like I am! :grin:

8 Likes

Happy Monday OG!

8 Likes

Boo morning boo.

Mrs Foreigner always gives me shit for having a coffee and then going back to sleep but it’s happening I don’t care.

10 Likes

Good morning Johnny good morning OG’s, have a nice Memorial Day.

7 Likes

Good Morning OG!

9 Likes

Good morning all!

6 Likes

Morning OG. Careful if you’re on the road today.

5 Likes

Morning everyone hope ya’ll had a great memorial day

5 Likes

Morning folks. New neighbors (like within last month) have all kinds of tables set up and rented a portapotty for today :roll_eyes: Since they’ve already taken it upon themselves to crank their garbage music a few times since moving in the neighborhood can expect to be serenaded by EDM and autotuned voices all day long. Parking is pretty tight as is so hopefully they respect the cones I put out so when I get home from work I don’t have to risk a flat tire running them down on their front lawn :laughing:

11 Likes

Good morning all! As was said, remember the ones that gave everything to keep this country. Now let’s not lose what they died to protect. They deserve better and so do our children’s children.

God Bless America again.

8 Likes

She’s a sexy girl. I think I have some seeds of that strain :smiley:

3 Likes