Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 4)

Morning everyone!
It dumped like a foot of snow in the last 24.
:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

6 Likes

Good morning JP. Good morning everyone!

4 Likes

calling for 74 here again today
Weatherman just changed it to 72 for the high today lol

5 Likes

We’re getting a good soaking rain today. Spring’s got a great start this year as far as rain.

4 Likes

Yep, we’re at a couple inches over the average for the year to date here. First time in a couple yearslol

2 Likes

I’ve already got grass coming up nice in spots.

2 Likes

I’m actually hoping it’ll cool off for a while. If my peach trees get frost bitten again this year it’ll bite.
:wink:

3 Likes

I hear ya cuz! We used to have a ton of fruit trees we planted at the last place. Now we have 1 single peach tree! lol

3 Likes

We had over 50 apple trees. The cicadas killed them when we had a massive hatch one year. There was nothing we could do but watch. I even built rows of brush between the tree rows and tried to smoke them out of the orchard. Nothing worked.

3 Likes

Aw man cuz, that sux to hear!
Last place we had a few Bartlett Pear trees, a few Montmorency Cherry, a few Damson Plum, a few Golden & Red Delicious Apples, and a couple others, like Black Figs I took clones off of a 100 yr old fig tree and rooted/planted.

7 Likes

We have three pear, four pawpaw, four apple, two nectarine, six peach and two plum trees.
My wife would LOVE a fig tree. I didn’t think they grew out this way.

7 Likes

That was on the coast, but I’m sure fig would do ok here in our area also. We did have some Indian Blood Peaches at the last place too.

4 Likes

I’ve eaten them. They have such a neat color meat.

5 Likes

It has not stopped snowing yet.
:hushed:
Good afternoon fellas!

2 Likes

It’s been raining here all day. Washing all the winter bullcrap off the roads. Oh wait, it’s still winter :joy:

2 Likes

MoBilly
Man the question I could ask you …just pruned my first couple fruit trees

3 Likes

I wish I knew as much as Dad did. The trees are in the shape they are because he knew trees. Him, Grandpa and my Uncles kept up a large orchard back East. Dad passed a few years back but he taught me a lot.

6 Likes

Well hell cuz lol just anotherparallel between the two of us! lol Your Grampa, pop, and unc teaching you, just like most of the stuff taught to me…by my grampa, pop, and unc! lol

7 Likes

They are finding Morels here already, I say THEY……cause I look and look but I never find. Spots that produce are like fishing honey holes and don’t get shared.

Point of all that :joy: - I could have just said early spring here

6 Likes

Early spring?
Never heard of it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes