Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 5)

Good morning my friends!

7 Likes

Good morning brotha, just catching up and sorry to hear about those damn thieves.
I hope its smooth sailing for the rest of the season. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

G’morning, OG. :v:

Puppies being delivered today. 3 so far. 1st was smaller, but the second one is a Tank and took her an hour and a half by itself. Third one followed shortly after, waiting on the fourth and more. My guess is 6 or 7. Could be more, idk.

Update: 4th one came out, another tank. She’s really bushed after 4, but I know there’s another in the chamber. Hope I don’t gotta call the vet. :sweat_smile:

(What I thought was the) Last Update: 5th one turned, but we got it on track. Most of 'em gasp, this one barked. :clap:

Additional edit: We’re up to 6? Idk. Usually when they dump guts, it’s over. She snuck another one on me. Could be more yet.

More: Up to 7.

7 it is!

Okay I think we can be done now. 8. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I’m at my keyboard now InTheWoods. They didn’t steal. I just saw them checking them out and pulling some leaves. I yanked them. I’ve got a couple of branches in water like @JohnnyPotseed showed me. So far I’ve got a small amount of pollen but hoping I get at least enough to send to a few friends. I’m thinking that may be doable.
:crossed_fingers:t5:

6 Likes

Oh I read it wrong. Maybe they needed some cool bookmarks.

Yea, probably best to be on the safe side.
I hope you’re having a great weekend.

1 Like

I went ahead and gave that branch a shake.

I saw some landing on the parchment paper that I didn’t catch in the tub. So I know that there is more coming.

11 Likes

Frankenstein x Frosted Cobra (fem) —two distinct phenos.

12 Likes

Oh thank you so much! I thought I broke something! I have one of those funky ones! Looks just like that! I’ve been trying to “fix “ it! :joy: :heart::green_heart::heart::green_heart::facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

Cool! It’ll be interesting to see which turns into the better one, lol.

2 Likes

Seeking advice, @JohnnyPotseed,
It’s obvious which of these shows Frankie’s growth characteristics and vigor. The other pheno is clearly going to yield only half of the Frankie pheno, if that. Yet . . One wonders if the flower it does yield will be something special and merit that light footprint. I do have other substitutes hovering, same age, and can easily replace it.
The leaves on this pheno are odd, to me, how the blades tuck under their neighbor. I’m sure you’ve seen it before and wonder what your thoughts are, in general. I mean, growth-wise. She’s more finicky than the Frankie pheno. That one is clear: gimme more! I’d clearly keep the Frankie-leaning pheno. But is this other one a disguised jewel?
They were flipped about a week ago.
I’m thinking of yanking her outta there and replacing with one about which I have no ambivalence— yet curiosity is nagging at me. Wondered if you’ve grown one like that out?
But yo! How bout that Frankie-leaning bush! Love me some Frankenstein genetics!

4 Likes

Did you also get a f x fc frankie leaner? Beautifully scary!

1 Like

I only popped the one as I got on a sampler kick! I really thought I broke her. She is extremely finicky! The only one that I haven’t brought out of my new soil mistake fully. She’s almost there. But I thought maybe her struggle caused her appearance. I haven’t topped mine cause I thought she wasn’t healthy enough to handle the extra stress. I will grow mine all the way out to see what she’s holding. I’m giving her more time in veg than the others because I want her to be happy when going into flower.

4 Likes

That’s entirely up to you, brother. I always used the credo, ‘when in doubt, rip it out’. But that’ s just me personally, lol I don’t have time or patience to play games with under-performing plants.
It could turn into something grand, or turn to crap waste of your time & resources. That’s jst the nature of things, as you know, I’m sure.

3 Likes

I willing to risk it on a smaller scale if @Butterthief1959 doesn’t want to. Either way mine’s growing out! I’m too curious!

3 Likes

Lol, thank you. You’re right, of course! Perfect summation, and credo!

1 Like

Another credo to consider, if it’s not a drain on resources of course is “If ya wanna know let her grow!” :wink:

4 Likes

Cool, I do have a clone. I’ll pull her out— I always cram too many in there anyway. If you find she’s got mysterious delights hiding in her flowers, can circle back! How cool is that— yet another incidental benefit of community.:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’ll let y’all know! I just kept saying to myself, she looks like a cobra. The way those leaves fold under and round over a little! Who knows? I want to! So grow she will!
It is Very cool to be growing amongst a community like this! I found out it’s actually a pheno! I’ll
Grow her out and let you know and I can see the other side of things through you! So awesome! :star_struck:

4 Likes

It’s not every day a fella comes across two keeper credos!:joy:. Now I just need to lotus sit under the banyan tree and watch them do the yin-yang dance :joy::v::100:

1 Like

“when in doubt, rip it out”
I need to practice this one, curiosity has cost me space more times than it’s worked out

good evening all

3 Likes