Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 7)

Yep, we are in a very small town.

1 Like

That’s the path I took as well. My hydro stuff is all packed up and I’ve been running soil for awhile now. Just started my own compost again so you’re ahead of me there. :slightly_smiling_face:
Got tired of buying when I have plenty of scraps to make my own. You’ll dig those Frankie beans. I’m not even sure what all you’ll find in there. I grew one and liked it so much I keep cloning it! :joy: I need to see what other gems are in the pack!

3 Likes

Yeah, i’me excited and looking forward to trying them out! In your opinion what is the best germination protocol? Paper towel, water soak, or put them in a seed mix?

1 Like

I’m definitely the wrong one to ask on that one! :joy: I’m all over the place. I’ll germinate in what ever manner floats my boat at the time! :joy: They all work well. I know Johnny and several others like the EWC method and it seems to make little monsters before planting. :+1:t3:

1 Like

OK I am still pretty new… What is EWC?

1 Like

https://overgrow.com/t/johnnypotseed-s-germination-technique/

5 Likes

Earthworm castings. They place a 1/4 inch layer or so slightly moistened and lightly cover the beans. They just shoot tails like crazy!

1 Like

That shit gave me some of the worst side effects I’ve ever experienced. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Thanks Johnny! You know better than I how this process works! And wrote the thread!:fist:t3:

It’s one method I haven’t tried yet but want to. I need to pick up some castings. I’ve seen you have them standing on their tail tips just begging for some soil! :rofl:

2 Likes

Had to go back n edit the link, it works now

1 Like

OKay!!! Great pictures and explanation. Now all I need to do is source the worm castings. I think it would be convenient to have your own worm bin… Something to work on. Thanks @JohnnyPotseed and @NDNCHILD for the help in understanding.

When I was growing Hydro I just germinated right in the Rockwool…

1 Like

A wormbin works, but in the meantime you can pick up a bag on Amazon.

3 Likes

You too huh? Yeah I am currently on 30mg per day down from 60mg which made me down right stupid. Next stop 10mg then stop…

1 Like

Over the years, I’ve germinated in just about every known method. WC works best, IMHO

1 Like

JP is 12 pounds enough for a standard 1020 tray? Thanks

lol 10 times over, at least. It doesn’t take much… about 1/4" in the tray… Read/follow the mini-tute I posted.

1 Like

cool… Thanks!

Happy Birthday for the other day JP hope you had a goody mate :call_me_hand:image

2 Likes

Around every 6months, I’ll buy 500-1000 red wigglers and toss em into the compost bin to work their magic.

3 Likes

Makes sense… Before the freeze hit us my current compost bin was really cooking, around 130F. Now it does not even register so I need to turn it an add some more green to set it off again. Then this next time I could probably add some wiggler and let em go to work. In the mean time I just added a bag of worm casting to my shopping cart… thanks

2 Likes