Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 9)

After 7 attempts over 5 years, I managed to quit smoking cigs in 2007.

For me at least, it was easy enough to go 2-3 months without a smoke, but I’d go back to it. I think that I had to have a mental image of myself as a non-smoker - it just didn’t stick until I was doing it for me because I wanted to do it.

5 Likes

I never quit mainly because I never needed to, lol now there’s a reason, so out the door tobacco goes! Even with full blown Emphysema, my lungs were operating at ‘normal capacity’ (I have bigger than avg lungs) At least they tell me my lungs are ‘longer than usual’…

4 Likes

That’s what she said :joy:

3 Likes

er… lungs, brother not lunge :scream: :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

All of this is encouraging to me. Is that is the worst habit I have right now. I don’t drink much. If I could just quit the cigarettes, I’d be a happy camper. But I do enjoy my weed.

7 Likes

Ya can count the drinks I have in the course of a year, on one hand and usually have fingers left over. lol Used to drink like a fish, but just chopped it one day and ain’t looked back.

8 Likes

Now there’s a different game! lol I ain’t giving up my Ganja fer nuttin!

7 Likes

I had my moments with drinking. But that was never really my problem. I had issues with other things growing up. I quit doing what I call all of my dumb shit 25 years ago or more.

4 Likes

The tobacco habit isn’t expensive the way we do it. Less than $20/month is very doable. But gotta quit before they’ll do the heart valve replacement. So…

1 Like

Drinking was always wild for me, lol I was down for anything, and I do mean anything! Crazy shit them days, I stopped pretty much when Rose started getting pregnant. They told her she had to and I supported her and stopped with her.

6 Likes

You got to do what you Gotta do. But smoking anything isn’t good for our lungs. It can be quite expensive as others have pointed out. I’m glad it’s not that high around here. Six dollars per pack depending on where you go.

2 Likes

Like I said, we stopped buying cigs about 15 yrs ago. The cost for us has been just under $20/2.5 cartons all these yrs. But, if we had to pay the current prices, not no but HELL NO!

4 Likes

Hey Johnny, does Frankie ever smell cat pissy?

1 Like

They said i had a drinking problem.
I drank.
I got drunk.
I pissed on my shoes.
I puked.
What’s the problem?

4 Likes

I’ve heard that description used now n then, lol Not sure myself, since I 'm not able to smell very much

I had to change/edit that last … due to certain folks on here! cough cough @BigMike55

1 Like

Hey baby ! Thats MY foot. Youre pissing on my foot.

2 Likes

Smoking franky tonite from an early break. / brake HS Johnny

15 Likes

Nice to hear you are going stop smoking. :clap: It maybe hard, but in the end it will be for the better.
Cigarettes are really expensive here, :canada:.
My Dad is going to die soon from smoking. He even stopped smoking over 30 years ago.
I also smoked for a while, I stopped 24 years ago, I tried about 3 times to get it right.
You are also going to feel better, and have more money! :grinning:
Good for you Johnny and Rose!

5 Likes

That’s a seriously nice-looking bush ya got going there, my friend!

4 Likes

make your choice a one or the other. weed usually wins that toss up.

4 Likes