JohnnyPotseed’s Germination Technique

46 Likes

Super unique tek, I love that its giving them myccorhyzzia right out of the gate!

11 Likes

I’ve tried soooo many different ways over the years, that you can trust lol But this is the best/fastest way I’ve found. The folded damp paper towel is second.
This is after only 24hrs

19 Likes

I’m pulling up a chair. Nice way!!! I’ve been popping them individually in their own solo cups, don’t even go to paper towels and or zip lock bags! :grin: but that is a nice one!! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’ve done the same, like I said…many different ways

6 Likes

Yeah, ive tried many ways but I’ve found either the jiffy peat pellets or directly into soil to work the best for me. I’ll have to give this a try next time

9 Likes

I’d think that it might kill them… so I’m proved wrong!!! :joy:

5 Likes

for older seeds that have ‘hardened’ I do slightly different, but the same results in the end. I get good germ rates from even them.
First I’d run a small sanding with an emery board all around the seeds to weaken the outer layer some, then gently and carefully remove the ridge with a scalpel. Then a presoak about 10-12 hours in slightly warm carbonated water & a little Hydrogen peroxide. ( I don’t like to use Gibberellic or Fulvic Acid)

34 Likes

I’ll be posting some more pics as they progress. Stay tuned for the tomorrow pics. Hell, I might even see how they’re doing this eve and post a pic or two lol

10 Likes

I’ve been doing it this way for a good while

5 Likes

I’ve found they do love it like this.

7 Likes

In gonna try this with my next beans, nice info @JohnnyPotseed

7 Likes

Nice tek man. I stick with my paper towel and bag. Works every time.

3 Likes

This can be done on a smaller scale for anything from one seed on up. But like I said, the paper towel is my second favorite.

2 Likes

Took a couple pics this afternoon while I was cutting clones. There’s got more coming out

23 Likes

Ok, less than 48hrs gone and you can see how well this technique works!
Meanwhile, y’all gotta pardon my shitty photography skills (or lack of) :rofl:

seedlings 8|448x500

35 Likes

I have some salvia recognita that I’m having the hardest time getting to sprout. I might have to try something similar to this.

7 Likes

These are just some beans that’ve been traded to me. I figured show how I germinate since I see folks discuss so many different methods on here. Not that any one method is wrong, or better, or worse, there’s always more than one way to do pretty much anything. As long as the end result works well enough to make someone happy, that’s what really matters.

9 Likes

Right at 48hrs, I’ve already started putting them babies into soil. At first I use the same thing they germinated in, pure worm castings, wet down. Later they’ll go into my own mix of soil.

24 Likes

Hey friend! but these solo cups only have the worm castings, correct? Only after the solo cups they go to your prepared soil? I’m impressed! Thanks!

3 Likes