Karma System (aka pips) Explained

:rofl: :cucumber:

4 Likes

Checking the Users list, excluding the barmen the higher average “normal” rate is 500 weekly pips, so 2000 monthly, 24000 a year. With that constant rate you would need more than 4 years to reach the bar … :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Lol you got the pips of shame back @George

My sides hurt hahahahaha

4 Likes

I will recover the bar or die trying to … labrat

10 Likes

Funny how being active here 5 years counts for nothing tho ?
@LemonadeJoe

You get emeratus after one year but that’s the easiest year

2 Likes

There is no glitch. Check the user list and don’t forget to set to “all time stats”

https://overgrow.com/u?order=likes_received&period=all

There was the last update few days ago where difficulty increased.

I think the sweet spot is somewhere around 80.000 likes. Quite a few members already reached it…

Question for everyone, do you think there should be lower difficulty, and more members with “the bar”? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There might not be an observable badge or other features that I know of which correspond to duration of membership, other than accumulating anniversary badges each year but I’ve got to say that I personally look for other members join date when interacting with them and when I notice it’s a long time member I have a great deal of respect for them signing up so early and helping make the forums what they are now. Helping form the base and foundation. Also, Regular Emeritus only comes when members earn the “Regular” member status and badge. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

I think showing time served should be easily recogniseable

5 Likes

It is one click away but I think on other sites like Icmag I believe it shows alongside ones profile pic and name that’s displayed with every post? I could be mistaken about that. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

I’m still trying to regain my regular status after losing it. Don’t even get me started on the pips…

4 Likes

We will both get our ‘pickles’ back… :laughing: :+1:
…all in the fullness of time…

Cheers
G

7 Likes

The pips are positive action rewards , phycological control

Like all the other badges

3 Likes

Give a like, per charity … :pray: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

We have an Anniversary badge :wink:

4 Likes

You have to go lookin for all that info , it’s not seen at a glance

Only misleading likes

2 Likes

Yes, I have accumulated two thus far. The second quite recently, but I did notice it was an accumulation of single year badges earned and not necessarily specific duration amount for example: 2 year badge, 3 year badge, 5 year badge, and so on. I don’t mind either way. I think it’s nice to quickly be able to reference other members join date while scrolling, @ifish brings up a good point that’s something I hadn’t really considered even though it’s just a click away. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

Hey @LemonadeJoe , I still think there is some kind of glitch. Yesterday when I went to users/all time it showed this for @ReikoX .

Now today when I go to the same spot it shows this.

So yesterday under users/all time it showed only 3 members with bars and the rest with pips. Today, it shows 8 members with bars and the rest with pips. Also when you look at my screenshots above it shows @CADMAN with 107k likes and 8 pips. @Jdub has 108k and 4 pips and @Cummings420 showed 113k and 3 pips.

Going to the same place and seeing different pips seems like a glitch as I don’t know how I could be misinterpreting the data. The screenshots I posted show members with less likes having more pips.

Just something I noticed Joe so I figured I would post it. I took the screenshots so I knew I wasn’t going crazy, lol.

2 Likes

Almost there…

That bar is as good as mine.

3 Likes

May I suggest it be know as the “Dank Pickle”?

:rofl:

Why I have a pickle:
1: OCD,
2: OGin’
3: growin’ and sharing about it so others can do better for themselves is currently one of the few thing keeping me sane in this madmadmad world.

:hugs:

8 Likes

Strange no one answered yet icon_e_confused|nullxnull, you already know what I think (just one step back) so I will just bump it so other people may reply … empollon|nullxnull

2 Likes