KingGhidora's 2x4x5ft tent grow/5x solstrips (now 8x). From scratch!

just stagger them by 3 weeks maybe . it wouldnt really matter much

1 Like

Update 4/2/18

A few bumps in the road…

So I started this off with 4 hard to germ Headband. Well they lived up to their reputation. After seeing nothing from them in a week I excavated them carefully for signs of germination. One looked like it had popped so I carefully reburied it just to see if it would do anything. Nothing yet.

In the meantime I also started 5 Tangie F2’s using paper-towel method, of which 3 germinated and were placed into Solo cups with RGT. Alas, on of the little ones couldn’t get its helmet off and died. The remaining two are working on their first set of leaves now.

The problem with that is I need 4 plants… so I went ahead and germinated two Dinafem Blueberry seeds in a paper towel, but popped and I put into the Solo Cups. That was yesterday, today I can already see the first of the Blueberry just beneath the surface, it should be up before long!

I’m letting the one Headband tag along for now. We’ll see if it ends up doing anything.

A few pics:

This is the Dinafem Blueberry starting their germ

This is the Tangie F2’s breaking the surface.

And here is the Tangie F2’s saying hello to the world

A group shot in all their glory

I am currently watering with straight water (pH adjusted) until they get a second set of leaves then I will start with a 1g MegaCrop/gallon nute solution.

More to come!

8 Likes

Ok, one other bit of information… after consulting with @Jellypowered starting tomorrow or the next (which is when I expect the Blueberry to break the surface) I will be lowering the light (5x SolStrip 3500K driven at ~200W) by 1 inch daily from the current ~24 inches down to 12 inches above the plants.

5 Likes

Glad they germinated, here is their sister:

15 Likes

@ReikoX: Big sis is lookin’ nice - what size cab is that?

3 Likes

That’s his 1x1x2 :slight_smile: you can find the build starting Here

2 Likes

Update 4/5/2018

Moving along…

So it’s been a few days since the last update. Everybody is doing fine. T1 and T2 (the Tangies) are both working on their second sets of leaves. This morning I noticed the tips of T1’s leaves starting to yellow ever so slightly, so I decided to start feeding them today. So far they have been only getting pH’d (5.7) water.

Nutes

So I mixed up my first batch of nutes today.

1 gallon tap water
1 teaspoon GH CALiMAGic (added BEFORE MegaCrop to prevent lockouts)
1 gram MegaCrop
pH’d to 5.8 (didn’t want to add any more pH buffer - I was afraid I’d go under 5.7)

Plants are in 8 oz Solo cups. I gave each 4 oz of nute solution. They seem to be liking it just fine. I will continue with 1g/gallon of the MegaCrop until they get a little bigger or show signs they are wanting more.

The Blueberry are a couple days behind the Tangie but they are coming right a long. They stretched up just a tad higher than the Tangie did, but not by much. Random side note: I also noticed the cotyledon is a lot smaller on the Blueberry.

Lights

I lowered the light to 18" a couple days ago, and today will drop it down to 12" above the plants. I will be ordering more SolStrips soon to augment the 5 I have already.

Ventilation

I just ordered the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 and some ducting this afternoon, expect to get it on Monday. Still debating whether I should get a filter or not. I’m leaning toward yes.

And of course, PICS :camera:

Some measurements

The Tangie

The Blueberry

Group Pic

Stay tuned…

EDIT: speln n stuff

6 Likes

Definitely @ReikoX beans. I love your packaging bro. Second to none.

6 Likes

Yes, packaging was A+ as was his labeling system. :heart: He includes Strain, Breeder, Reg/Fem, Auto/Photo, as well as quantity. Very nicely done. :smiley:

4 Likes

And cheap too :wink:

6 Likes

Absolute bargain. To be fair I’m sat on a few but shipped @Gaz29 half of your shipment and just sorted my mate a windowsill fem auto of yours
He does one a summer.

5 Likes

@anon58740919:
How well does an auto do on a window sill, given a decent medium to grow in and proper nutrients, etc… ?

3 Likes

In Northwest UK. Usually gets about 3/4 oz on a windowsill. All organic. Quantity is always little but quality is always good

3 Likes

Nice, that’s not bad at all. Does he have it on the inside of the window itself or the outside?

1 Like

On the inside and his Mrs has it like a sauna. Doesn’t even consider himself a grower he just likes watching them grow. (Asperger’s)

2 Likes

doom nominated for the best rolled L’s, and they wonder how he deal with stress so well

3 Likes

Update 4/13/2018

Moving right along

The Tangie are really chugging along and trying to get big quick… here is a few pics in the sunlight.

The Blueberry are a couple days behind but they are coming along too.

As you can tell from the pics they are lookin’ a little hungry.

The Transplant

So there was a round-table on Discord #overgrow and it was decided they are ready to go to the larger smart pots.

I don’t like transplanting.

During the process one of the root masses kinda fell apart on me! Oops! I threw it on in there though and here we are about 14 hours later and everyone seems to be doing well in there new permanent homes. 3 gallon smart pots. They really fill up the big mixing tub I am using as a drainage pan. Side by side they were pressed right against each other so I had to stagger them. I cut up one of the solo cups and used it as plant labels.

The lighting/camera make it look yellower than it really is. More bright green.

Aftercare

After transplanting I watered the Tangies with 1ml CaliMagic + 3g/gallon MegaCrop. pH to 5.7. Approximately 1/2 gallon each (since the plants are small and it was late and I didn’t feel like mixing up more! :smiley:)

The Blueberry received the remaining gallon of 1g/gallon MegaCrop solution. I didn’t want to waste this solution, plus the Blueberry are supposed to be a little finnicky with the nutes and they are younger than the Tangie. It was split 2 ways for about a 1/2 gallon each. They will be upped to 2 or 3g/gallon at next watering. I am definitely considering a small Blumat setup! I can see where all this mixing 1 gallon at a time would get tiresome.

Moving forward

My relative humidity has been sitting around 37-42%, and temperature about 75F. According to this chart I am well outside the green zone as far as VPD goes, so I will likely be purchasing a humidifier soon. I may wait and see how the weather warming up affects things.

I also bit the bullet today and ordered 3 more SolStrip X2’s from @Baudelaire to be added to the tent when I flip to flower. Yay! :smile:

To be continued…

13 Likes

Thank you for that little tid bit of knowledge @KingGhidora. I never thought of that. Good Growin’ bro! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Glad you learned something brother. I’m just trying to get whatever little knowledge I can out there and hopefully people can learn from my experience.

2 Likes

MEGA UPDATE - 5/25

So… I am a lazy bastard sometimes and it’s been a while since I updated the thread and a whole lot has happened since! Look how little they were! Well let’s get to it.

4/18 - Moving right along…

4/25

5/1 - TentCam view

5/8 - Starting to get big

5/15 - We have a male and a female… the male was… well, let’s just say we are pursuing a different direction around here.

5/22 - A shot of before the male was removed and after.

I think this is actually a good thing because I wouldn’t have had enough room otherwise.
I made a mistake lol… go figure! I have vegged for a bit too long trying to let the Blueberry make up some of the height differential… I have created a Tangie monster!

You may also notice the orange hose. Hand watering was becoming a PITA and time-consuming, even with the 2 gallon Chopin sprayer I picked up, so I went ahead and got some of the 5" Tropf Blumats and a 5 gallon bucket reservoir. OMG these things seem to be working wonderfully and such a time saver! I like!

Also I added 3 more strips for flowering - driven at 125W for a grand total of ~325W and 8 strips. That puts me at a solid 40W per square foot.

5/23-5/25 - @Mr.Sparkle’s FlopTek to the rescue.

So I put the trellis on and it helped spread the Tangie out a bit but it was still way to tall! What to do? Well I was smokin’ a bowl and perusing OG and came across @Mr.Sparkle’s thread where he was pinching a 1-2 inch section of the stem crushing the inner structure and then “flopping” the stem over to control height in his cab. Well, if he can do it then I can to! So after some consultation on the OG Discord we decided the plan was sound. So I got to floppin! I ended up bring it down about 9-12 inches and I think it is going to be much more manageable.

And here we are at Day 8F. I am going to try and get back to updating once or twice a week. If you want daily updates come check out the official OG Discord - lot’s of good convos, information and smart people there!

Official Overgrow Discord

To be continued…

15 Likes