Know of any different Humidity gauges that fits in jars?

You can show him grove bags. Those are suppose to keep rh constant without the need of humidity sensors. Do a search on the site and you’ll find a few threads talking about them.

1 Like

The thing I like about the Grovees is that they would tie in my Home Automation. Their price point just scares me, I question how accurate they can be. I went with the SensorPush for the trust factor. They had the most accurate device I could find for under $100.

SensorPush will work with https://ifttt.com/ so I can use that to integrate to HomeSeer.

2 Likes

I did the whole “wet salt in a bag” calibration / check thing with mine (both govees and the couple dozen cheapo ones). Govees were all in line relatively, had to toss 2 of the cheapo ones for being WAY out of line. I don’t remember the govee’s being $12 ea (thought I paid like $7 or $8), but amazon shows em at $12.99 ea. If you have more than a jar or two, that gets cost prohibitive (especially 2 or 3 dozen jars? nope, no thanks!)

How much did each of the sensorpush sensors cost you? I’d love to put the jars info on my dashboard.

3 Likes

Those grove bags look very interesting, I think he’ll still want to see the numbers but I wanna check those out myself for my indoor stuff even.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of tossing my bud in a bag without having to worry or burp dozens of jars.

2 Likes

They have 3 different models, starting at $50, with the most accurate one at about $80.

Not feasible for more than a few datapoints due to cost.

I might get some grovees and just use the SensorPush to validate them from time to time.

2 Likes

I will vouch for the Grove Bags.

See this post: Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure? - #795 by MrWizard

2 Likes

Yea When I first started growing it was fun burping the jars now there’s too many and it’s a pain in the ass, even with the 1 gallon jars for the outdoor it’s too many. I wanna give these bags a shot and show him how it works for my indoor stuff to maybe convince him for next season. That’s how I convince him a specific cut is worth one of the spaces outside, I run it over winter inside and give him a sample.

1 Like

I’m definitely gonna give em a try, having a nice meter to know the numbers will be nice either way.

2 Likes

LOL… New product? Grove bags… with an included Govee inside to monitor with?

$12 ea for a govee that connects thru BT doesn’t sound so bad, get one good sensorpush to base-line, and use cheaper govees to mass monitor.

The govees are also adjustable, so if they need to be tweaked to match the sensorpush sensor, they can be.

2 Likes

5g buckets. And an auto-burp system.
Nagel420’s Auto-Burp System - Overgrow.com

That can be scaled up and down as needed. A single mason jar, or 50 x 5g buckets. Size the air pump accordingly. I was inspired by a muti-bucket commercial system I saw, and came up with the mason jar size version.

3 Likes

The Grove bags also come in 1lb and 5lb sizes.

Stick 5lb in a bag with a sensor and let it rock.

3 Likes

Caliber IV is a popular one. Inkbird ITH-10 a bit cheaper.

3 Likes

Mr Wizard is actually a childhood cartoon character, been using that nick for many years.

1 Like

The cartoon in your avatar no doubt.

This is the Mr. Wizard I remember…

He had a show on Nickelodeon iirc…

6 Likes

Mr Wizards World! I loved that show when I was a kid!

2 Likes

Ooo I think he’ll like this caliber IV I’m gonna show him these thank you very much

1 Like

Product called Burp Lids, I think was recommended, but I never get any. Personally I like burping jars, esp if I have lots. Keeps me in touch with my herb. All those jars make me happy.

3 Likes

Thank you for the product recommendation! It’s not that it’s a horrible process torturing, just I’ve been trimming and jarring, an indoor harvest just over a pound this week and the outdoor harvest looking like 6 roughly, at least 5, but he helps trim that. And today I’m harvesting my new garland harvest from another tent, which will be 1.5 pounds at least and it really is taking time with mostly 32 ounce jars and some 1 gallon jars. Getting the beautiful smells is nice at first but it’s gettin outta hand haha.

2 Likes

Inkbird. Make sure your crop is at 60%

Jar and forget it.

2 Likes