Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

Ope. I forgot to say that there are definitely seeds forming on Alpha!
Big swollen calyxes showing up, and not only where I pollinated… looks like I’ll have a few more beans than anticipated. I pretty much expected this because of how long I left Beta in the flower tent. I’m just excited to have more chances to grow these beauties again!
Once Delta and Charlie have more pistils, I’ll pollinate them with Beta pollen too.

4 Likes

Group shot of the ladies:

That is all.

12 Likes

Thats gonna be nice. The hot ones travel in packs and I think they’re looking at me.

2 Likes

Reference:
LBF Ladies
Alpha-27 days flower
Charlie- 8 days since flip (slow flower development this far)
Delta- 2 days since flip

MaMaHaze
Echo-18 days veg
Fox-9 days veg

Arcata Trainwreck
Ivan, Jammer, and Kelly have been underground for 24 hours

3 Likes

Well well well! Just a quick check in to say that, a little over 48 hours from planting (straight in the dirt, no soak), Ivan and Jammer have decided to explore the bright world above!

Waiting on Kelly still, but like Meat Loaf says:
2 outta 3 ain’t bad!
I’m sure she’ll be making an appearance shortly.
Edit: Kelly was above ground this morning!

4 Likes

Okie dokie! We have all three Trainwreck fems above ground, and I imagine I need to allow about 30 days (so long!) before I start the next batch of seeds in order to keep it from getting too packed in the flower tent.

That said, I’m going to start the poll for which beans go in the dirt (tupur) next; it will be active for 30 days, and all voters (only voters!) will be eligible for a giveaway, at the conclusion of the grow, for beans from my pollen chuck. As far as additional info, please bear in mind that this is my first time working with these type of genetics, so it’s best for all of us if it’s a relatively straightforward strain to grow:

What shall I grow next?!
  • Huixtepec
  • Lemints
  • Zamaldelica F2 (ACE)
  • VietBlack F3 (Snowhigh via deeez99)
  • 1970 Vietnamese Black Fem
  • Red Snake (CannaBiogen via deeez99)
  • Bahia (Brazil landrace via abbbian)
  • Oaxaca (Cryptic Labs via upstate)
  • Acapulco Gold (Nierika Seed Trust via lambchopedd)
  • Azad Kashmir (diggysoze via lambchopedd)
  • Mexican Death Sativa (Nierika Seed Trust via lambchopedd)
  • Old Silver Thai F2 (skunkhunt101)
  • Colombia Gold (old-ron)
  • Pakistani Chitral Kush

0 voters

21 Likes

I just cast my vote for the Viet Black F3 I’ve never seen much Vietnam black only heard a lot about it.

I’ve been getting much more into landrace genetics these days, I can’t wait to see your work take off! @HeadyBearAdventures

I would’ve pulled up a chair much sooner but I somehow missed this thread.

Much love and good vibes, good luck with your growing adventures, and peace!:pray: :green_heart::seedling::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Well, at first by the title I tought that I have readed this thread before… or perhaps I’m mistaken? Isn’t there another thread with the “Choose your adventure” where members alternatively should write a part of the history?

Anyway, there are good landraces on the poll… But I’m going for the Brazil (It is the brazil cabezadenegro?).

HG!

4 Likes

That would be amazing, but no. @Abbbian worked with another member to get the Bahia genetics into our hands, from people in his area.

4 Likes

Thank you @HeadyBearAdventures for directing me over here. This is fun! :+1:
I have zero experience with any of this selection. Though I’ve always been quite curious how a lot of your typical sativas and landraces can preform indoors. Especially with a smaller space and training. :wink:
I really like your current poll, though it’s a tough decision. I think I’ll wait for a slew if comments as to why members chose the way they did, before I vote.
:smiley::v:

1 Like

Mmm, Azad Kashmir! Yes!

1 Like

Ooo…the old 1970 Vietnamese Black! Sounds intriguing… :v:
Following along…

2 Likes

You read my mind. Snowhigh collected some gems of strains. Long ago Reeferman said the Vietnam Black had his favorite ganja effect.

3 Likes

I just select any option correct don’t need to do anything once mark box? I love this way of deciding your grows takes stress off yourself.

3 Likes

1970 vietnam black? Damn ok

2 Likes

I chose Oaxaca because it is fun to say. That and I’ve seen a few nice examples from @Upstate.

9 Likes

Nope! Make a choice and you’re all set!

2 Likes

Welcome everybody! @blowdout2269 @herojuana.tom @Bobgrows @Weednerd.Anthony @BudWhisperer @420noob it’s so good to have you around!

7 Likes

Thanks @HeadyBearAdventures, it is enjoyable reading through your blog and seeing your work. Looking good!:v:

1 Like

Ill follow along with you @HeadyBearAdventures, it’s always nice to watch someone else grow. :peace_symbol:

1 Like