Landraces and heirloom

OK folks, I confirmed I have 6 Cabeca de Nego seeds. Considering unknown germination rates, this is too few to share. At some point I will attempt to germ them and make seeds for the community if they grow. Maybe in the fall after my outdoor harvest.

On another note, I also found a few labelled “Pedro’s Special” (or “Pedro Special”). Any one know what that might be?

13 Likes

Maybe @Pedro_Bann???

3 Likes

Pedro is Peter in Portuguese and in Spanish. So it could be Colombian or Brazilian. Cabeca de Negro is the famous Black Head strain from Brazil. There is also a Cabeca de Preto strain from Maconha which is an auto and a cross of Manga Rosa and Blueberry. Maconha seeds is in Santiago, Chile.

If you run those Cabeca de Negro seeds, I would be interested in some beans in trade.

7 Likes

Could be a cross of mine delivered by the @MadScientist?

6 Likes

No, I have never traded seeds with @MadScientist - I think I got these when I participated in the Great Canadian Seed Chain Mail thing - Or maybe it was the Secret Santa…

6 Likes

Count on it. I will run them in my tent this fall.

8 Likes

They still may have been passed on through of those routes. If that is the case they are Kronocaine (Amnesia Haze x Herijuana) x Big Hero (Big Kush x Herijuana).
I am reasonably sure that’s what Mad called them when he distributed them (Pedro’s Special)
Yep… MadScientist & Pedro_Bann's Bean Giveaway!(CLOSED)

6 Likes

That’s awesome! I guess they bounced around a couple of times before landing on my doorstep. I’m really glad to know what they are! :grinning:

4 Likes

Christ Man!!! That is insane…Talk about stomper…

Does anyone know if Purple Haze is still around? I grew one, one time, and to this day, it was some of the nicest smoke I have grown.

Regards,

K.

1 Like

Hey @Pedro_Bann

I forgot about the names and all but I did send your seeds to 32 people in over 10 countries worldwide.

Sci :robot:

9 Likes

Hey Brother, Did you ever grow out any of those colombian blacks I traded you? Just curious… I would like to see some of them grown out… Several people here at OG got some thanks to @TropicalBiophile and his generosity in the first place… I just simply posted them to other members… I never grew any myself unfortunately and never heard of anyone else here that grew them out… I did speak with someone that just recently sprouted some that I sent him and he said they were vigorous…
i’m almost jealous of @Yaxu’s grows :grinning: I love seeing his landrace grows and I would love to grow some of those Oaxacan’s as they look beautiful… I love the delicate buds with fine red hairs!

7 Likes

Hola Pookie

I may do them soon since
I decided to keep my thing
going this summer in and out.

I usually close the in for summer
but have so many thing to try,

at worst it will be for the fall

No worries they’ll get done

Bare

7 Likes

@Pakore im very envious of those malana seeds been trying to purchase and having issues with my dam card not allowing over seas trans actions. If you run those to make more pure we could trade for some other landraces I have from them or other places if your interested.

6 Likes

I have Colombian llaneras seeds, also known as colombia negro. I hope to plant them soon. They were a gift from a Colombian friend expert in local varieties of his country.

llanera (Colombia Black)

27 Likes

That’s a very interesting looking plant. What is it supposed to taste like? It’s a beauty. peace

4 Likes

Anzoategui Venezuela fertilized by the anzoategui male.
Anzoategui with some bananas.

23 Likes

The purple hues are beautiful!

4 Likes

This thread is fantastic. Such lovely pictures!

3 Likes

Agreed! Very interesting. Yaxu is a nice dude, too, heh. peace

1 Like

Beautiful plants. Wish I had an outdoor climate to run sativas. Sometimes we can go 2 weeks into Nov. that’s pushing. Nice work.

3 Likes