Leaves problems on young plants

Hey Growers,
Recently I started another round (will introduce it later on)
But now straight to the point:
I see some leaf problems and to be honest I don’t know what could it be. It doesn’t look like a defficiency of one of the basic nutrients at all.
I’m using BIOBIZZ Allmix soil, which is pre-fertilized so I guess it could be the issue?
Or maybe I just watered them too much?
Thanks for replies

You right. Looks like, too wet & too many fertilizer… If you fertilize plants. Did you?

nope…of course not! I’m just watering, no fertilizer added at all…

Is it indoor or outdoors?

Could be over watering… Be sure to have proper “dry” cycle… Many beginner growers do mistake of watering every time they visit plants… I water only when it is needed. It is much better to get feeling for the “weight” by lifting each pot by hand to decide if it is already completely dried out …

Changing wet and dry cycles and letting plants dry out fully stimulates their growth of roots…

it’s obviously an indoor and im not a beginner, thanks

it looks like maybe your ph is wrong.

Hey @LeftyR, did you manage to solve the problem? Do you measure pH?

I’ve never had similar issues when using Biobizz All mix. But I’m watering with pH adjusted water to 5.5 everytime (no excuses).

it’s a soil medium… ph as problem is mostly associated with hydro, right? so if the ph was wrong it must have been caused by overfertilizing the medium. the issue went away after some period of time, which supports my theory…im using a tap water with very stable quality… it has nothing to do with water I guess…If it would be caused by water It would have been very bad water with PH too low or way too high… which is not possible in normal conditions. Soil would buffer any small pH deviations with ease…
If the pH was indeed wrong then the Biobizz soil had to be overfertilized… I just can’t see any different reason as I wasn’t adding any fertiliser at all…
Thanks

It looks to me like the light nutrient burn. I personally never buy prenuted soil, it only cost more money and the ferts. they used are often the worst n-p-k-chemicals.

Absolutely. Many growers go without pH meter in soil without any problems. For me it is better to check water pH time to time and of course everytime you starting in new location :relieved:

Even waterworks can sometime send you different water quality due to tubes cleaning or device fault (“rusty water”).

ok…any suggestions for a good quality soil medium to buy?
Thanks in advance

Looks environmental.

Low light or cold.

We’ve got only BioBizz, Plagron and Canna Terra brands available here. Personally I’ve tested Plagron and BioBizz in practically every variant (pre-fertilized or not) and haven’t got any troubles regarding wrong pH or NPK. Everything was in order and according to what has been said on packaging.

But 60% of the time I’ve bought soil with Fungus gnats or thrips :bug:. Pests in commercial soils is very common problem here, when using it you need to check plants often from the start and take preventive measures. That just sucks. :fearful:

And btw. what about mixing your own soil? The classic BOG soil instructions