Feeding problems

Please I need advice how best to proceed

they grow in soil, organic fertilizer, DYI led. In the third week, I noticed calcium deficiency, so I added Sensi Cal Mag.

Plants have improved slightly, but the next week the situation has deteriorated faster. I think I overcame it with that Sensi Cal-Mag. What do you think?
I just hope that I did not fucked up PH of the soil. I am not able to measure at this time :frowning:

4 Likes

First thing I would check is overwatering - is the soil drying out completely between waterings/feedings, and draining well? Overwatering will lock out nutrients. A lot of people just load up on more, and make it worse.

They look a little like some of my overwatered soil plants. Maybe something else entirely but I thought I’d get that out of the way…

Happy’s $0.02 CAD

7 Likes

A couple more questions…Whats your soil/in it? which organic fertilizer?

4 Likes

No, I dont let the soil dry completely, but of course Im alternating dry and wet cycles, but no completly dry.

when I trying let dry completely, the soil lost the ability to retain water and gradually is “layed down”

Under HPS I didnt have any problems with calcium, under LEDs this isnt for first time… deficiency of calcium was evident in my all runs under LEDs, but for first time they look so awful. I bought Sensi Cal Mag to prevent these deficits. This is result :frowning:

3 Likes

Soil and fertilizer by biobizz, completely organic. Except for the one mentioned Sensi-Cal Mag (Advenced Nutritients)

Soil: biobizz allmix
fertilizer: biobizz biogrow,
biobloom, topmax - not yet used
and AN - Sensi Cal Mag

2 Likes

it could also be important:
temperature in night isnt ideal. Drops to 18°C (65°F) in day is ok (22-26°C)
RH is also small (about 30-40%)

It is not ideal, but nothing that would itself cause such problems

3 Likes

Maybe this helps

3 Likes

I hate deficiencies. They have been a pain in my ass, albeit good learning lessons.

2 Likes

I believe what also makes defencies really hard to diagnose is how they are actually progressing as well ,meaning if you don’t have an almost intimate relationship with you plants and spend time from day to day constantly checking them over you may miss important observations. One that a lot of people probably don’t realize is that some defencies move from tip to petiole as well as others move from petiole to tip so if the entire leaf is spotted/ blotchy you might be at the 50/50 guessing game right off the get-go!
So when someone snaps a pic of a problem leaf one might ask " what did it look like 7-10 days ago "? When the pic should of been taken.

5 Likes

you right, the worst thing is that I do not know what caused that deficiency

first appeared soft calcium deficiency so I added Sensi- Cal-Mag. I think the mistake was that I repeated it often. Probably it was a lot and the plants stopped “eating”.

Thats my theory. But now I dont know how to proceed :confused:

1 Like

Do you water with tap water or distilled or what?

1 Like

That’s why I’m a organic guy this whole force feeding plants things I just don’t understand when one throws something in the mix from a bottle who knows! How is the product made? Is it ph’d balanced? Etc, etc overfeeding? Underfeeding? Can one see how many different variables can accumulate rather quickly? Then ya have finicky strains as well to add to the mix. Don’t get me wrong there are guys/ gals that feed from concentrates all the time and are " killing it " in there grows and will probably never change what works for them. My hats off to them! My suggestion is that if someone is a new grower and is struggling it’s probably best to start in soil/ soilless mixes with a few admendments and expand from there. Always read gather knowledge, knowledge is power!

3 Likes

tap water. I give it up at least 24 hours before watering. Always without problem, but for sure Im check it up.

1 Like

Water only from beginning to end of cycle sometimes I use rain water when available, though I try to drive off chlorine from city water by letting it sit for some time in not always 100% on this.

Oops sorry didn’t know who I was respond to there for a second. My bad

1 Like

Is your ph tap water with in reason for growing plants?

Im keeping between 6.1 and 6.5

With these organic mixes I’v never used so I honestly can’t make comments might be worth experimenting with them at 25-50-75% cut with plain old peat . Have you used biobiz a lot recently? Or is this something new to you?

2 Likes

Im using this fertilizers a few years. Biobizz or Bio Canna.
New is just Sensi-Cal-Mag

I am not familiar with the bio biz line either so can’t really help though looks like a root issue (leaf folding under)…ph, needs more oxygen etc which could explain the low magnesium striping with no help from the calmag as everything reported environment wise is spot on

4 Likes

My guess is lockout of sorts and a little too much water. Sometimes giving it a chance to recover, and dry out… then go back to keeping it moist, but never wet. Watering from below is ideal. The roots need to be able to work and need oxygen as well as water. Leaving a bucket of tap water sitting overnight will dissipate the chlorine, too. That’s easier on the microbe community if your nutes include them.

They sell a wonder fix here, I see… called LIFTA… might wanna search for that topic. Seems to work for most everybody.

They look great, maybe just a little over loved… ??? it’s hard not to. They’ll come out of it soon. Some strains are nute sensitive, too. Some like heavy feeding, and some hate it. Genetics will make that call.

Back to smoking my bowl… I hope I don’t read this in the morning and ask myself, “why”?

peace

5 Likes