Led grow with cheap led

Bonsai (Japanese: 盆栽, lit. ‘tray planting’) is a Japanese art form using cultivation techniques to produce, in containers, small trees that mimic the shape and scale of full size trees.

MOTR has a nice post with a micro grow, and cute little plants.

1 Like

Thanks bro I appreciate it

1 Like

Oh I’ll have to look into that I’m stuck tho on a stronger led or a small hps set up

My bonsaied little plant, it twists all over the place lol

11 Likes

I really like having a dimmer on the lights to save $$ when full power isn’t needed. Some LEDs have dimmers, and some of the HID ballasts have a selector switch for 50/75/100/boost power output. There are so many choices of lights, and it seems that with legalization the prices are going up instead of down (yeah, what’s with that?). In any case it’s good to see someone doing “more, with less”.

I’ve been really impressed with the small grows I’ve seen in this forum. @MomOnTheRun and @OniTenshu both have posts featuring smaller plants. I’m learning that it doesn’t take huge plants to have a successful grow :wink:

4 Likes

I prefer my smaller plants TBH. Much more manageable and I can always make them big if I wanted to keep them in veg. Having the choice is nice😁

5 Likes

Looking great! Rip the white plastic dome off that one LED in there, you’ll get alot more light out of it!

3 Likes

Yeah ik I did and I added pme more like it

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was thinking of getting like a 600w dimmable led would that be alot for my 2×2?

2 Likes

45wpqf is a accepted measure so far I’ve been told.

You’re at 4 square feet and roughly ⅓ of a meter squared.

If you dim it down to 30% you should be at around 50w per square foot. Above that you will most likely need co2 in the tent

2 Likes

It seems like 600w LED would be ok in a 2x2.
Maybe up to 300w at the wall whether LED or other type?

2 Likes

Okay I’ll keep that in mind maybe a 450 with the one I have

1 Like

Okay thanks I’ll keep that in mind

1 Like

Always remember you can always give too much light. It makes really short nodes🤪

1 Like

I’m looking for a ounce and a half you guys think I got that on this plant still has like 4 weeks to go

5 Likes

2 Likes

Okay I’ll try that when I get the light just flood my tent

1 Like

About 45g? Yes you could get that if your buds can fatten up nicely and take care not to stress or feed them too much in flower.

Dont nute burn them halfway through like I did lol… oops

I feel more is less yk this is the first plant I’ve went full strength on with the last feeding. but that’s what I’m worried about I can kinda see it getting fat but I look at it so much I really only notice the growth in pics

1 Like