LED lights for seedlings and clones

Check out the AgroLED 12 WATT Lamp. (The lowest price was 60$). Full spectrum. 120 volts and one Year warrant. Lifetime 50,000 hrs and more. I’m going to use one for my space bucket. Growing Blue Mystic Auto Fem.

How about this…

Secret Jardin TLED - Led Lights - Light Colour:Blue - Veg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoynWLvQdjw

They are not expensive at all, and all the reviews i read place them in a very “high” place… $56 each Veg or Bloom…

HppHrvst

1 Like

look like they would be good for side lighting or under lighting

1 Like

I think you could do better just modifying some Cree light bars that they mount on boats and trucks: http://amzn.to/2r6koWe

Add a $40 Mean Well driver and you’ve got 120-180 true watts (5-7x the “secret jardin”) of Cree white spectrum LEDs in weatherproof housing for about the same price.

With LED lights, it’s all about the quality of the actual LEDs. If you don’t have the information on the manufacturer and a spec sheet on the emitters, you should assume something between micro-power Christmas tree lights and mid-power Chinese generics. Cheap LEDs could mean the difference between that 26w lamp delivering 14w of light, and 7w. 14w might grow cuts and seedlings, 7w will grow mushrooms.

And don’t fall for the blather that “blurple” is somehow inherently better. Look out your window. Plants are adapted to white light. The LED technology in white light spectrum chips is advancing in leaps and bounds, and the best chips for growing, in terms of photons per watt, useful spectrum per watt, and dollars per watt, are clearly white LEDs today.

If you are handy at all, there are good DIY designs and kits available that will give you 2x or 3x the lumens for the price of growshop rigs.

4 Likes

this is what i preachXD

1 Like

trying now some 10W/1150lm led boards that looks like that tled lamp.
they do work good looking at the internodes distance and overall growth of the plant.
assembling a 8 pieces system now, 9000 lm total…
will post pics when done. .
D_S

1 Like

Yeah @Dee.S73 i would love to see those working!

@humbleupbringings so, what did you decide? In regards to those lamps you were looking at.

There are many advantages to using PCB strips and boards mounted with mid-power diodes for sure - especially for seedling/clone lighting as per the OP. Strips and boards can be used to create very low profile lamps with virtually no need for heat sinks or fans, making for very simple and low-profile lamps perfect for clone/seedling/mother cabinets.

As long as they are the right diodes (LEDs). Spectrum quality and efficiency has improved dramatically in the past 24 months, and looks like it will continue for the next couple of years at least - we’re talking 30-50% efficiency increases (more photons/watt) in white light diodes offered by Samsung, Osram, Bridgelux and Cree. The “full spectrum” aka blurple chip makers have not kept up at all. Some interesting new offerings in narrow spectrum chips (far reds and deep blues) from Cree but little in the way of rigorous testing or field experience at this point.

-b420

1 Like

Where did you get those heatsinks mate?

This is an older conversation about older LED technology, but the round puck heatsinks in my picture above were bought on Ebay, about $5 a piece. For better modern LED grow lighting solutions visit SolStrip.com :slight_smile:

1 Like