LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

You have nothing to be sorry for. Had you asked I wouldn’t care, which is my point above. Just know that it would always be at the risk of creating issues when you are using unproven genetics. That is the difference between someone chucking pollen, and someone who cares about stabilizing strains to better the gene pool and not tear it down.

More times than not I assume everyone knows the unspoken rules of testing. I am often reminded that there are a lot more new growers now than there were in my day.

9 Likes

Great points!

The breeder’s greatest asset, and liability, is the time the tester spends. Testing is different than a home grow. I can see not wanting to burden new testers with “the process”, yet the test run isn’t much help unless it offers a good glimpse into the plant’s development.

Chucking pollen is another matter. I think the grower can learn a ton from pollen chucking. It is a step in the process of learning how to breed. Nothing more.

It is also of great benefit for the rest of us to watch the testing process here on OG.

Thanks for sharing, one and all.

8 Likes

That is what overgrowing the world it’s all about!

Spread the love!

HppHrvst

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter :lemon: vs Alien Rift :alien:

DAY CERO OF FLOWERING

I found four males in the LGOGxSF, i kept them in the tent just because the little nanners they have could pop a pistil, just hoping. I guess that is what you call wishful thinking.

Anyway, a few shots for you @LED_Seedz! Your wish is my command.

Male 1

Male 2

Male 3

Male 4

:lemon: LGOGxSF

Genetics are funny, on the LGOGxSF only the males showed pre-flowers, there are still 12 plants that are not really showing anything yet, you can see a very little pod growing on the nodes, but still a few days to find out what they are. They were flipped today, Feb 12th is Day 0 of flowering.

:alien: Alien Rift

While in the AR nine females presented pre-flowers, there are 3 plants not showing anything and that makes me think they are males but so far i got 74.99% female ratio on the Ocean Grown seeds, that is very impressive right! Considering they were regulars and not feminized seeds. Nine females out of twelve seeds.

3 Likes

the one listed as male 1 looks female to me

If you look real close there is a brown nanner coming out of the left side of the stem, right by where my finger is.

But that is exactly why i left the in the tent. To make sure. I am still new at this you know. This is the very first time in my life i check my own plants for nanners. I have done it for other people, as a “consultant” but really, this is it.

im newer than you bro i was just going by the pointyness

Behind the pointy little things you see in there, it’s where the actual flowers pop out, so i am still waiting on some. Today is Day 0 of flowering.

1 Like

Nanner is short for banana, which is an indication of a plant that has hermied. You are totally using this word incorrectly and are describing this part of the plant wrong. They are male ______ that show on female plants.

There are zero banana’s or nanners on this plant.

I would also agree you are sexing this plant incorrectly or at the very least trying to a little too early. That little bump you are referring to may be a branch about to peek out. It also could be a ________.

You want to wait until you have several little ______ showing.

Tonight’s assignment, fill in the blanks with the proper terminology.

7 Likes

Excellent!

:book:

:bus:

99%

3 Likes
  1. Pollen sacks

2. Cluster

3. Pistils

I gotta get an A for effort! And prompt response too. LOL

4 Likes

We’re sorry, but we are looking for the scientific names, and proper parts. You have one of three correct, but in the wrong place…

Hint, see anatomy.

5 Likes

In that case i will have to turn it in by tomorrow, hope that’s ok. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @MadScientist, It looks like #4 is definitely male, #2 and #3 are probably maybe and #1 looks pretty female/too early to tell. Don’t do anything drastic!

2 Likes

Week 6 update:
I switched to 12/12 on 2/10

Anyone want to take a guess what is going on with these leaves?

they’re starting out like this;

and developing to this

At first I was thinking they needed more N, but now…? P def? I don’t know. There are three plants like this the others are looking ok.

7 Likes

With all this male talk I’m gonna have to go back and see what the tester strain broke down into, as far as i could tell it looked to be about the norm 60/40 split F to M…but it seems everyone is having way more than the normal 40 % males???

2 Likes

I only have 4 males out of 14 so far, but no for sure females either.

2 Likes

Same here, suspect males but can’t be too sure. They are still in the tent and getting fed and all.

1 Like

Old growth affected, new growth fine = mobile element in short supply, so the plant is taking it from old leaves.
The mobile nutrients are N,P,K,Mg, and a couple micros.
The micros are unlikely in my opinion, but you know what they say about opinions.
N is unlikely because the green seems vibrant. And P deficiency usually produces seaweed-colored necrosis.
It could also be Mg, as there is definitely interveinal chlorosis. Then again, everything causes interveinal chlorosis.
K is a likely culprit, as it starts at the teeth and works its way in.

Overall they seem in good health, and will keep pulling what they need from those bottom fans. If it doesn’t spread I wouldn’t even worry about it.

4 Likes