LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

You are at least two weeks away from the proper finish. Please consider going more than a few more days.

7 Likes

Of course good sir! Will do.

3 Likes

Well my males have started showing in getting over antsy to get into flower! Ive given them the old chopping block and am prepping the ladies for some natural rays to finish their lives… they’ll be getting big!

1 Like

I am praying they’d be ready real soon! Wanna shutdown ops in here. Will wait until all hairs turn red and all trichomes plastic white…

Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

Hope you like them as much as i do.

HppHrvst

11 Likes

Hello everyone. I need help.

I have spotted three different LGOGxSF buds with a tiny speck of mold in it. I got two fans running 22/2, they are off during light hours. I have put a dehumidifier in there too. @LED_Seedz

Will the humidifier work along with the two fans in there blowing air around?

Will this do?

HppHrvst

6 Likes

Not normally after the fact. Remove the buds effected and cross your fingers.

4 Likes

I leave at least one fan running 24/7 all the time. Stagnate air is never good.

5 Likes

I removed the affected area and put the speed up on the fans, they were running on one, they are now on two. A lot more airflow, and the dehumidifier in there too. I am praying it will be ok.

Only like one more week to go.

EDIT,

I just took the fans out of the tent, open the tent door and left it open with the A/C running on dry and both of the 12 inch fans are on platforms running on two aiming at the buds directly. RH in the room right now is 67% and it seems it wants to stay there.

2 Likes

Maybe a bit of water and a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide

Wouldn’t be harmful to smoke as it will turn into water and oxygen.

Also check out this stuff called Actinovate

1 Like

What if i was to apply peroxide in powder form to the affected area? What do you think would happen?

EDIT. Nah, nevermind, i trimmed the affected areas where i could see the little pieces of mold forming, but there was one of the buds that was really advanced, it was brown and gray on the inside so i removed it completely, it was thick and heavy, but this is what i could salvage off of it.

I think i looked like a surgeon at point or another in there… LOL

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

It looks like PURE FIRE!!! Let me tell you. Never seen anything like it in my life!

Also it serves as a test to see how “ready” it is.

HppHrvst

5 Likes

Straight killer! I’m jealous I can’t kick mine into flower yet. They’re begging for some shorter days.

3 Likes

I believe i got like a week left maybe ten days. A lot can happen in 10 days.

RH @ 40~50%, inside the tent it is at 40%, and pot level like 5 inches off the floor it’s at 51%. So i say around 45% overall.

This is what i got going on in the today, i figure better to babysit these plants until harvest which is super close…

Temp is around 24 C, got the A/C running on DRY, and i hope that takes care of that, will be looking close, REAL close to the buds a few times a day to see if i need to amputate anymore… LOL

Hope not.

6 Likes

Based upon your description it appears that you indeed have(had) bud rot, or mold.
You did the right thing in removing the afflicted areas asap!
I think that powdered H2O2 is way too concentrated to apply to your flowers.
Even 3% liquid H2O2 can be too caustic for many strains.
Start with a dilution of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide sprayed on the buds you cut the mold out of. This should stop any spreading of the insidious mold.

Good luck in finishing your lovely flowers!

4 Likes

@Calyxander & @Swampthing

If it wasn’t for you bros, i dunno what might have happened. The H2O2 saved the day, which means you did.

@LED_Seedz

Sire, respectfully i need to say thanks for your help. And trust. Even with the mold attack and all. The LGOGxSF was more susceptible to it than the other strain i had running but i was able to salvage some of the buds that were infected and i am gonna roll one just now. It’s been drying for three days and curing for one! HAHAHA!

UPDATE

This is how things are looking right now, this second. LOL

A couple of buds finishing up. Look at them gang!

Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter Alien Rift

Can you believe it, cos’ i am here and i can’t. LOL

And this is the joint of LGOGxSF i got going as soon as i press “Reply”

To your health gang!

HppHrvst

EDIT —>

Smoke report: Even tho i am no expert, and having picked it early cos’ of the mold. These buds look great and smell incredible, i dunno about lemon tho. To me it smells more of peppermint than anything else, when it burns it’s sweet and even tho it hasn’t been properly finished, it smokes great, slow burning, even flow of smoke and all.

Today the plants were flushed and they got one more week of Sugar Daddy with CalMag at very low concentration, to provoke cannibalism a little. Hopefully it will be ready in 10 days or less.

THX

7 Likes

Let it cure for a week or two before smoking. Chlorophyll will cover the lemon taste so give it some time to breakdown. Good job!

3 Likes

I just wanted to try it now, and OFC i am gonna make another report when it is all properly cured. These are just the buds i saved from trimming the plants in the battle against mold bro.

Sad but true, if i only remembered to keep the fans on all day, this would have never happened.

HppHrvst

4 Likes

I finished the two phenos I had just fine, and in a proper environment the entire time. Anything you try to run in the conditions you had with a tight flower structure will suffer the same fate.

Still not too shabby for a total noob.
LMAO
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I will take the compliment without argumentation. I do deserve it.

Am i not the best “noob tester” you ever had? Come on now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

HAHAHAHA

2 Likes

You did killer. You showed the entire board that if you can pull it off, Anyone can do it.
HAHAHA

I mean what is this the second grow in this tent and the first with this medium, and nutrient package?

I’m sure once you have some grows under your belt you will get all of it worked out.

Environment followed by a perfect PH and you’ll be golden in no time.

6 Likes

True that. I measured run off today and it all came out at exactly 5.7 pH, which is what i put in… Cool huh!

Next grow, with your Grass Monkey i got going now (i didn’t get rid of it) and the Sour Bubble, will be flawless good sire.

I promise you. Unless i have to shut down in which case that would be out of my control but yeah!

I am a student, an admirer and a follower now. :pray:

HppHrvst

4 Likes