*legal* commerical grow for oklahoma for house strains for dispensary

would your be drying/curing in the same room? How high are the Ceilings? Skip the tents, maybe one for veg in the same room as you are flowering in.

3 Likes

I have a separate area for drying and curing. This evening I’ll draw the damn thing out with masking tape on the floor and see what we have to work with

5 Likes

Designing rooms is one of my favorite parts of growing. Building them on the other hand…

3 Likes

You could get 12 315w cmh (1 per 3*3) and still have a decent walk way…but that would be all flower…

2 Likes

Or divide it up
It would only take 1.5 - 2 tons of AC to cool the 8 cmh in the flower side…

3 Likes

dewb nice setup. much more efficient than what I had in mind. im planning to run 1000W hps air cooled lights. I was thinking 1000w per 4x4 area

1 Like

Yeah the cmh should give you a decent yeild especially with the overlap… and the best air cooled 1000w light I could find runs 2100 btu, the cmh should run 1300 - 1500 btu and a 60 pint dehumidifier and the room and you’re at 1.3 tons or so… and a 2 ton minisplit is fairly cheap…
You could even run cheap LEDs for veg and moms. And since you’re just supplementing what you purchase this should keep you from running out…

3 Likes

@Dewb thanks bro. ive been looking at the mini splits for cooling - very comparable to the pricing compared to portable ac units, and much more efficient.

ive wanted to start on this project sooner but I wanted to make sure I didn’t bite off more than I could chew. things have calmed down around here in regards to the paperwork so time to pick up where I left off.

2 Likes

If there’s anything I can help ya with let me know… I’ve design so many grow rooms this year it’s ridiculous… finally got to do my own…
Those cmh will save on power to
8 - is only 2520w… Kind of a win win in you’re situation…
Yeah the minisplits are great for smaller grows… just be sure to clean them regularly…

3 Likes

Oh and LEDs and pallet racks or shelf’s will double the veg/mom canopy without taking up more floor space…

2 Likes

If your not limited by numbers, SOG on racks or shelfs would be the way to go for a commercial op IMO.
3 layers of plants under LED, and you should be able to crop good amounts of weed in that space and have plenty of space to veg your moms.

5 Likes

@Palindrome currently there are no count restrictions on commercial growers. but when august comes around every plant will need barcoded. I would love to do a sog grow but currently my plan is to run scrog. mothers veg and clones will get led lighting on racks.

im just not convinced about the led tech yet for flowering. ive seen some outstanding led grows on here, but when I tried it small scale I lost nearly half my usual weight from a strain I knew inside and out. but the nextgen lights Ive seen look like the bees knees.

2 Likes

Id still do SOG if legal, barcode lables are easy to handle.
I used to work in greenhouses, where we did a lot of indevidual labeling on test cultures.

Clones prolly won’t need a lable, until you pot it after it got roots.
But for sure you have to make it up in, what cost more. SCROG with veg or vs. the time cost of labeling each plant.

3 Likes

U make a valid point.

Would u use flood tables for such a setup? I was thinking drip emitters in fabric pots with Coco originally.

2 Likes

My small facility we use #5 grow bags with coco with doing 8 plants per 4x8 table. 2 cheap ass double ended 1000 HPS per table. I use drip stakes that are 1 GPH, but only run the feed 3x per day. Depending on the strain, it is 5.5-6.5 lbs per bench every 60 days.

I would do 1 large 6 x 16 table up the middle on rollers. That would allow you to slide side to side for full access. Have the entire table on a slant to assist with drainage.

Most important thing. INSULATION always over looked

4 Likes

I would use flowtables, with drippers and what ever media you like.

Personal I run recirculating hydroton drip, but I see alot do great in coco.
I like that I can easy reuse the hydroton after each run, plant a new clones and off it goes again.

3 Likes

I’d probably do something like grow AK47 which is supposed to be stupid stinky…let the smell advertise.

3 Likes

SOG is amazing for yield and quick turnaround time. As far as strain I guess it depends on what’s in demand in your area, but you can’t go wrong with classic bangers like AK, or White widow. Tried and true commercial strains.

Personally I’d settle on the room design, grow type first, then mother hunt for something that gels with the system and environment. With SOG for example some strains are perfect for it and others not so much…

2 Likes

Hey Dewb. I’m in OK also and I really like those drawings man. Would you consider doing something like that for me? We’re looking to construct a 30x50 metal building, and my ultimate goal is 2,10x10 rooms for veg and 2 10x20 flower rooms.

We don’t have the resources to outfit the entire bldg up front but I want to make sure that the HVAC is sized right to handle the entire bldg. I haven’t thought a lot about plant tables or anything like that, but I did think 2 4x8 areas per 10x10, or 4 for flower, would be about right but I’m not sure if 2 feet of clearance is enough room to work.

I’m 57, and I’m not interested in building a 50,000 sq ft warehouse and working it 16 hours a day so I can try to corner the weed market. Basically I just like growing pot, and if I can legally make some scratch from it I’m down. We have our licence, and we’re ready to pull the trigger once the basic design is done. I’m not sure about how much volume a setup like this would produce, but if I can turn out at least 5 lbs a month I would be very excited.

I don’t want to be overly presumptuous, but thanks in advance Dewb, it’s a very cool thing that you’re doing helping people with this kind of stuff. So many people have a $ amt on even their advice now, it’s encouraging that there are still folks that value the ideals of the community that fought the war.

Thanks again man,

G

I should add that I plan to use soil and LED lights.

4 Likes

Yeah I can make you up a layout and figure your HVAC etc… if you want to pm the details you can… have you decided what led lights etc…

Do you need an office, bathrooms, trim, dry room?. I need as many details as you can give me…
Hand water ? Drip lines ? Everything you can tell me helps…
And yes I generally charge for the stuff I do (everybody has to make a living) but being an OG member ill just do it for you…
Just pm me the info and an email I can send the finished plans to…

5 Likes