Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

I knew it :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hahahaha

Just straight up fascinated by this stuff

3 Likes

There’s a discussion about it on the CGC website.

3 Likes

I’m beyond surprised thai power published stuff? To the point of not knowing who’s first, how :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Hold on for shots of the publishing info.

2 Likes

Check it out

Here’s a shot of the copper staples used in the Thai Power edition… which none of the rest have.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure the 2nd one from the left is the original 1st printing. :point_up_2:

3 Likes

I don’t understand the confusion between Todd and Thai power…?

Did they both publish all the # ?

3 Likes

I really don’t know…. And Larry was soooo salty about it … and very eccentric, he kind of spoke in riddles. So that was super disappointing.

3 Likes

I often hold the extreme point of view that most people credited with writing, inventing, finding stuff are all imposters/not the originators

4 Likes

Most of them are, that’s for sure :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hehe, that’s one hell of a list…

OK I know nothing about comics and this series but who was credited in the original sunday paper strip :thinking:

I’m so confused lol…
And don’t know where to start

2 Likes

Larry Todd

3 Likes

I think Thai Power must have made a deal with him, he was mad about people stealing his original artwork I think :thinking:

4 Likes

:laughing: yeah

I just don’t understand how thai power ever got confused as the original

I must be missing something or I smoked too much of that jungle shit again

Sunday paper 71 - Todd
2,3 Todd
74 thai power out of nowhere is og ?

3 Likes

This is so interesting! I love old books but I wasn’t around for Dr. Atomic, what about him got stolen? People selling unsanctioned t-shirts and stuff or did someone make a fan fiction lol?

3 Likes

I don’t think Thai Power was confused as the original, the confusion has been between the other versions.

3 Likes

I think his original art was being sold at auction houses without his permission somehow. He seemed really bitter about it.

3 Likes

Oh I see how that may rub him the wrong way but so odd as to not even want to discuss it! More power to him I suppose though, still some pretty cool art :grin:

2 Likes

Message from the President of the United States, transmitting a report from the secretary of the navy, in relation to American canvas, cables and cordage,in pursuance of a resolution of the senate of the 17th May last.

18th Congress 2d Session, January 10th, 1825, printed by order of the Senate of the United States. Washington: printed by Gales and Seaton, 1825.

6 Likes