Looking for a continuous monitoring pH/TDS monitor

Hi All,

I am looking for a continuous pH/TDS monitor.
This is for a personal hydroponics DWC reservoir, not any kind of commercial venture.

I see BlueLab in a lot of hydro circles, however I have read multiple reviews of the LCD burning out.

I tried a China no name unit, it didnt last 3 months.

Unless others here teach me otherwise, I am leaning toward a Milwaukee Instruments unit. Would love to hear what has worked for you all!

M

5 Likes

milwaukee or newer hannah stuff would be my recommendations
bluelab used to be the gold standard but they fell off in terms of qc a while back. their warranty is decent, but i got tired of dealing with the rigamarole of replacing broken/defective units/screens/probes/etc so often

4 Likes

I still swear by my blue labs , everything has been going strong for years and years but I do baby my stuff. And the warranty is great as well

3 Likes

Has anyone here tried this model?

1 Like

Wow. That’s much more expensive than what I had imagined. That kind of on the fly information is a nice idea though.

There is another model less expensive, I edited the post above to reflect the new link.

1 Like

I picked up one of these to play with, it was cheap enough. If it doesnt work, minimal loss. I have used other HM Digital instruments on my fish tanks and they performed well.

Figured if I put 1 probe in the supply, and the other in the return, then I would instantly see if the plants are eating or not. If it works then maybe I only need a ph Monitor which is less expensive without the conductivity piece.

Got the BlueLab Guardian.
Will let you know how I like it come September when I can use the tent again.