Looking for information on the fan on my cannabis seedlings

My seedlings have 8 to 10 leaves they are leggy ,I am using Windows for sun to grow enough to put outside. And 2 to 3 hours of fan at night?

2 Likes

The legginess is probably more due to light intensity in the window than anything else

Intense light keeps them smaller and more compact, less light will make them leggy and fall over-y

You could stake them up and they should get better as they go outside.

When growing them inside in a tent or room, you usually want the light to be bright and plentiful. With a bigger wattage light rig it could be higher but with a smaller wattage rig youd want to stay closer to them and raise it as they grow so they get what they need.

Windows will work to start but im guessing they arent getting the intensity they want and need causing them to stretch out to get closer to it

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @Moe

Light is probably your limitation in a window all day. Depending on your location can you start to harden them off outside maybe (if finishing outside is the goal)? Pictures always help.

1 Like

Waiting for last frost to put outside about 2 weeks. Ty

Maureen Maxwell

3 Likes

You can add soil, fill that cup. I plan on that when I plant seeds, more roots deeper in the pot.

3 Likes

It doesn’t look too bad but more light if you want it to produce. Outdoors is good.

1 Like

Make sure you don’t put it in direct sunlight at first when you move it outdoors. You need to transition from indoor conditions to outdoor conditions or it can get shocked.

3 Likes

Yes a little shade for a short time is a good thing.

1 Like

if you have a safe place they won’t get messed with, you can put them out during the day and bring them in at night. i like to put mine in a box and do that so as to avoid speculation.

1 Like

Thank you everyone, I can’t put it outdoors where I am ,I’m just growing them from seeds, they are a couple weeks old . but once they grow a few sets of leaves I will be planting them outside and harden them. :v:

1 Like