Looking for Sweet Tooth #3

Do I understand it correctly that it is very subjective term?

That IBL is stable only in those traits that breeder is looking for and only to the level that breeder assumes sufficiently ā€œstableā€.

You are lucky guy!

Packs like these are simply priceless!

2 Likes

These are the ones. They was Ā£100

6 Likes

Thanks to @Knospe it is here!
Thanks to Overgrow for this opportunity.

Canā€™t wait to germinate them!

5 Likes

Well, yes in practice, but not in theory. In theory a variety referred to as an IBL should be consistent in the expression of more or less all of the primary characteristics of value in a commercial crop - from stature to maturity period, disease resistance, leaf and fruit appearance, etc. ā€œPeas in a podā€ as Oldtimer says.

But you are right in that there are a lot of ā€œIBLsā€ sold at seed shops that shouldnā€™t be labeled as such. Inbred lines need several generations of backcrossing by a skilled breeder to fix traits and cull out-of-character individuals. Most breeders donā€™t have the discipline to see a project through to IBL, and seed buyers donā€™t really reward the effort, because who cares if a strain is IBL or F1 if you are only going to plant 10 seeds and grow most strains once? If you like a strain you clone your best girl and youā€™re done.

IBLs are more important to breeders and the futureā€™s large commercial ops, where Blue Dream and Bubba Kush will be planted like corn in Kansas, and harvested the same way. In those operations, having ten thousand seeds that grow exactly alike will be far more valuable.

-b420

12 Likes

That definition needs to be put in Websters! (dictionary)

1 Like

A least in Grow-faq-webster :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @HydroPower howā€™s the germination goingā€¦ Very curiousā€¦ Hope you donā€™t mind!

2 Likes

I havenā€™t germinated them yet. I have to plan it more (the room in cabinets)ā€¦
But rest assured I will let you know!

3 Likes

I still preserve the ST#3 in F5, splitted in 6 different lines from 6 differents P1-F1 duo. I close one soon to restart the battle in F6.

Tribute :

14 Likes

Not exactly what youā€™re looking for, but Dankonomics just dropped his SWT4 IBL beans, not sure about their current availability, but check it out:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/sweettooth4ibl/

1 Like

Excellent information bro! Your knowledge and ability to convey it are remarkable. A wordsmith indeed. Thank you.

2 Likes

@Fuel that looks really good there pal, and worked to F5? Sounds like a super stable winner. Are all six lines worked to F5, or just the particular ones that had the best expressions? And how long would you say it took to work the line that far/long?

Kudos man, love seeing true breeding work done, salute to you.

4 Likes

thx bro, itā€™s a love affair with this lady.

The 6 lines was initially created to split the F1 sources and somes are dedicated to specific traits (taste, yield and high). But globally iā€™ve done that more as a garantee to can work her a long time.

It was maybe overkill because today in pure F5 (without inter-inbred for the moment) the global vigor, performances and stability is near the same that the F1 (iā€™ve no honor on it, i care about her but itā€™s mainly due to the genetical value). She just take longer to produce mature seeds, but they are bigger coconuts that the F1. Females are very good mothers, the loss at the final calibration is minimal.

Kind of work that no longer exist today imho, outside very rare exceptions. You have to push her very hard in selection to can segregate the bloods.

The line iā€™m actually on is dedicated to the high. A bit more leafy and ā€œsappyā€ that the initial standart but damn the high is barely the same that when you chew some leafs of another magic plant of the andes. New growers that are generally dedicated to narcotic hammers turn white within twos toke with this one. More for haze lovers used to be high as fuck and to deal with a heart that want to get out from the thorax lol Even her cannabutter is high as fuck at all level of abuse, disturbing. Eat an entire strong brownie of 100 grammers and you canā€™t sleep more that one hour for twos days ^^

Iā€™m actually closing the selection in this line (iā€™ve extracted a male that will drive the F7 and a collateral project of hybrid), the only thing to show actually is the last seeded clone that mature some F6. But iā€™ve an ancient motherplant that i actually flower in sinse, wait around 3 weeks and you can see her buds in my grow diary.

My biggest regret is to donā€™t have buyed and collected seeds the same way with the Shishkaberry back in the days. Another valuable genetic horse that fit my tastes. Canā€™t collect and maintain them all in same time, itā€™s an half regret.

3 Likes

Tell me about it, I would love to find a legit old school Shishkaberry cut/seeds. I miss her very much. You donā€™t know what you got, until itā€™s gone.

2 Likes

I agree, so many jewels was losted during this golden age. The Shish blood still alive in North, but to find a trusted source of fresh seeds is like walking on the water damn. I generally donā€™t appreciate ā€œstone hammersā€, but this one was so clear and neat. An aluminium baseball bat that put you to sleep without any harm. The total opposite of a chemD or a Skywalker that fck my mood if I use it too much on daily basis. Anyway, i keep the eyes open for this one too for 2018 season ^^

4 Likes

this plant is half Shishkaberry and looks good!

5 Likes

Very descriptive on their site. That pheno information is cool. Donā€™t see that included with other descriptions, or maybe I should spend more time looking online at seedbanks. Either way cool.

To extract the shish from this outcross will be like walking on water guys. The male is a blend of space queen and kalimist hybrid damn, both are very resilient in offspring against an afghani hammer and to get a neat segregation will be expensive and an hell to drive. Itā€™s like extracting the SPG from a sweet tooth, even the more fanatics donā€™t dare to dream about that.

Now i find the blend itself interresting on the paper for people that like a balanced weed for a daily. Only the starship part is unknown for me, i think that you can expect with little margin of error a mellow/coton that can take a stoney torque with abuse. In this spectrum of potency i will be less adventurous and i will more hunt a Lifesaver ^^ Itā€™s a very characterized blood, like the bubblegum that make me like drunk lol

3 Likes

UThe House of the Great Gardener has a strain called Barbera Bud, which is also half Shishkaberry. Iā€™ve been thinking about getting it and just trying to find a good Shishkaberry pheno and maybe at least get a similar lady to keep in the stable. The Barbera Bud also is supposed to make some top notch award winning hash and sift, which would be nice. Check it out guys, you might find it interesting.

Edit after the thought: was just researching this strain and found mixed reviews on the company. Probably not for me, but interesting nonetheless.

2 Likes

At first look itā€™s very nice reference man, good find, the strategy is clear on the paper and have a decent logic. But ā€¦ feminized.

Itā€™s a no-no for me, even if they give me a thousands pack for free. What i will do with a strain that iā€™m unable to improve/stabilize for my own tastes and that iā€™m unable to trade/share as genetic material ? All this money invested for nothing, no way.

Well i stay on my initial opinion on the Shish, i will get a certified clone by the breeder himself before to find any valuable seed source ^^ Itā€™s a sarcasm off course, Steve donā€™t give a fuck today about this business and donā€™t give a fuck that guys want to maintain his lines lol

3 Likes