MadScientist's 2nd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Sometimes… I grow in soil… Usually it’s like this, cup for 24 hours, paper towel until I see a little tail then in soil a little more than 1" deep, if the shell comes off before it pops cool, if it stays on after 24 hours above soil, I’ll grab the tweezers and do some surgery.

5 Likes

6 hours later

7 Likes

Mine should all be in cups today.

5 Likes

scarlet queens in the dirt…3 diff types of 16oz containers.

…so far…

6 Likes

Mines showed root i think will go into soil

Uploading…

4 Likes

Well i put them in soil both that showed the root already

5 Likes

So I am finally underway here, and I hope my grow comes out better than my photoshopping, lol

It’s a crappy photo but it will have to do for now, I’ve got three Doc Holliday on the left and three pankyrang on the right, they were gifted to me from nerds genetics and so I have no clue what they are…
Does anyone here have any experience with nerds ?

I also have my six 16 ounce beer cans all ready to roll,

6 Likes

The paper cups was a crap idea for flood and drain when they got wet the holes i had in them closed up from expansion also they wanted to tip over because the small cavity at the bottom held air in it.

The seedlingss have gone into the system which is set at 1.0ec and 5.8 PH.

The pump hose is organised with two elbows so that it can be twisted and rotated out of the way when the top tray is to be moved. the hose reaches the bottom so when the pump stops the nutrients will syphon back out, to get the last of the water out every cycle there is a 3mm hole that it can dribble out.

So I ended up with plastic cups after all with my wifes help to find them in the shops.

All seeds are in cups now.

Happy growing everyone and good luck.

12 Likes

Mine are still in the dirt somewhere I’ll post when they pop

3 Likes

15 hours ago I put my seeds to soak, I don’t know if you guys can see these pictures too good, but I’ve already got tails. So into Coco they go shortly.

5 Likes

Bringing new meaning to the term six pack of Bud LOL,

10 Likes

Just in case there’s any question, and I don’t know why I got this wild hair to use beer cans but they are one pint cans, which I believe translates into 16 oz. I hope this will clarify.

4 Likes

Sorry my camera sucks here’s a better picture,

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA

I sent you a PM for a reason, you post this here publicly threatening to “jump out”. You shuld have answered back in the private message i sent you. When you bring this out in front of everyone, you force me to answer in public as well.

No one wants you to go, we would love to see you win! Even! But if you want to abandon the contest because i asked you to show the cans where they said their capacity, it’s your right to do so.

3 Likes

Participant X

The pic updates for the cup :wink: as promised.

7 Likes

UPDATE by @MadScientist

A picture is worth a thousand words!

HppHrvst :robot:

9 Likes

One pint. Depends if it’s US (16 oz) or Imperial (20 oz). I’m guessing 16 oz being Aeronaut in Somerville, MA.

4 Likes

Yeah, its US pint

The some brand is short for Southern Maine Brewery

4 Likes

Now this is what I call a beer LOL
And 64 oz to boot

8 Likes

Thank goodness because I don’t think even a thousand words could have described those

2 Likes